Huge Thankyou

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Ndigs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Huge Thankyou

Postby Ndigs » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:21 am

First post ever for me. Hope it works. Hunting and peckin this tiny phone with my fat finger is a slow way to communicate. However, I have wanted to come on here and say THANKS SO MUCH to all the regular contributors on this forum.You guys know who you are and you all have helped me so much. I took David's advice, and have spent the last two years reading every thread on the Lynx/bobcat pages,what an education.I started all wrong a couple years ago.Bought a two yr.old male,and a female puppy,then I discovered BGH and David's book.Miles and miles of lynx tracks.....two treed, WHAT FUN!! Thank-you all of you guys that have been helping out the new guys like me, I've been taking your advice and it works.I probably won't be a regular poster,just to slow on this thing, but I sure love sitting in on some of your conversations if you don't mind. Thanks again.Tom Griffith ,Prince George,BC
oneguy828
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Huge Thankyou

Postby oneguy828 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:45 am

Thank you Tom for posting, glad to hear your having fun. Keep after them! Post some pictures and stories of you get a chance.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Davids corrupting influence strikes again
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:43 pm

Ndigs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Ndigs » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:23 am

Thanks for the encouragement guys.I sure will post a few pics and a story or two this winter. David you cause me to reflect a bit.When I started this, I had no earthly idea what a pee bush,or a cat toilet was and I've always been a hunter,even guided for a couple seasons.Being able to sit around the fire with you guys at night and discover the stuff you guys talk about chugging down those Lynx tracks the next day on my snowshoes. Am gaining a real fascination with lynx the more I trail them.To see where he kills a rabbit and eats it ,then "Jane" (my pup) stuffs her head in a little mound of snow and pulls out the half he was saving for tomorrow.Was only a few hundred yards further he got a grouse.Looked like somebody fed the grouse a cup of tannerite and shot it.A mile later here's ,..must be one of them toilets those cat hunters talked about. Kind of a natural mound of snow with what looked like days and days of cat scat on it. "Jane" (my pup) thought it was buffet left specially for her. " COME ON JANE "let's go! Love these hounds but they can be gross little stinkers.We're in
a cold dry spell right now ,one inch of snow. +5f Should be getting some good " snowball,snowman" snow here in a week or so, I'll be able to get a track started then.
David,you guys are the ones with some pretty incredible "degree's" from many long trails in the snow and dry ground and wet ground.I am only very Blessed to have been able to listen in on some of the experiences of those trails over the years. Thanks a bunch.
Tom Griffith

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”