a married houndsmens life

General DiscussionForum
NewMexHunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: a married houndsmens life

Postby NewMexHunter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:34 pm

I found put quick to do some hard hunting, but make the same time for family. If that means hunting all night to get home early and drink a pot of coffee to stay awake and spend time with them, then so be it. Can't ever put more time into some hounds than the family. If you die tomorrow the family will be crying at your grave and I can bet you a hundred bucks the hounds will take a big dump on it.
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Liz ODell » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:55 pm

Here’s my two cents worth as a woman that has had hounds for years (and is now divorced :lol: ) …if you are constantly fighting over something as simple as dogs and hunting them enough to make dogs it could be a sign that there are more things wrong than just that issue, it could also be a catalyst for change that’s been a long time coming.
There are people out there that will never be happy with you, even if you sold all your dogs and quit hunting they would just move on to the next thing they find wrong with you and the cycle starts over and then you’re still miserable but guess what? You don’t even have your dogs to have fun with anymore.
If you’re married to one of those people my suggestion is to find a way to gracefully end your situation.

Kids? I think sometimes kids prefer single parents to ones harboring constant animosity towards one another that they have to live with every single day of their lives.

I also don’t have as much sympathy for a spouse that met you after you already had dogs as opposed to one you were already married to and then got into dogs.
It also will behoove you in future relationships to just let that other person know from the very get go that the dogs are something you will always be doing, don’t pretend like it isn’t, that just ends up on the hurt feelings report.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:20 am

Gracefully ?? Maybe as its us crusty ol houndsmen you could expound on this some?? Just kidding doubt it would sink in anyway. Thanks for a ladies perspective.
1bludawg
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby 1bludawg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:43 pm

Years ago i was hunting with an older gentleman who loved to bobcat hunt .He told me when he got married his new wife didn't like his hunting all the time so after a few arguments and as bad as he hated to he gave his dogs to a friend .After that she would sometimes catch him staring out the window at the snow covered mountains on a cold winters day.
Well i guess she decided she loved him to because one day she ups and tells him to go get your dogs .Later in life and after he had 2 heart attacks she still didn't try to stop his hunting but she did start hunting with him .He passed away in his 80's and he hunted till the end .That man did love to hunt !
You guys that are lucky enough to have a woman like that ,well don't be afraid to kiss her butt on occasion and let her know you appreciate her .
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Or you can just luck out mine helps feed n Dr hounds and raises pups. The down side if there is one is she's not very authoritative with the pups and it takes a little while before they believe people can really be serious. But otherwise it smooths many of the bumbs that would otherwise cause issues. But experience has taught me not to take it for granted or to assume its normal..
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Mines exactly the same pegleg. Got very lucky! So when she drags home a house dog I'm not thrilled but I just keep my mouth shut. It hadn't snowed for quite awhile before Valentine's day so of course it snows the night before Valentine's day...So I figured I better stay home. During dinner she says where are you hunting tomorrow? Wow .....
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Liz ODell » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:12 pm

Gracefully, well I guess my best interpretation of that would be not to be a d*ck about it.
Or maybe it's just get a good lawyer ha,ha, which is probably what I should have done, I probably was a bit too graceful about it, and here I am in strange new country almost 1000 miles from home still struggling to make ends meet but I still have my dogs and we catch a critter now and then as we find new spots here :)
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:29 am

Well I give you that and congratulate you on it. My experience is women get their feelings hurt just like us men do . but they then come for blood and to cause pain in any way they can. I'm no one to judge the right or wrong of any of it. Just everyone who hasn't experienced it needs to consider how ugly these things can get . perhaps Ben lilly wasn't so crazy and recognized the further away he ended the easier it'd be on everyone .
On the other hand I can't say I remember hearing about any wealthy foxhunting nobles suffering the same??
Tracker06
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Tracker06 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Haha I'm not married but have watched many top hounds get passed on when they get hitched.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:47 pm

And even more when they get un hitched lmao
Tracker06
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Tracker06 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:35 am

Haha think I.ll have to get a good lawyer to write a decent contract up....lucky me tho even if my GF don't hunt with me she would have my hounds in the house. And if they don't run for the week there energy levels are threw the roof

Return to “General Forum”