fed up with facebook

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Old dog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

fed up with facebook

Postby Old dog » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:40 pm

been sluming around facebook too long. wondering if all the old guys still here.
no mater if you think you can or you think you cant,, you are probably rite.
Lee Wolford
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: fed up with facebook

Postby Lee Wolford » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:25 pm

I quit facebook a couple years ago. Best thing I did, I dont miss it a bit. Will never go back, seems childish to me now.
merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby merlo_105 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:31 am

Hey Old Dog, There are some fascinating reads on Facebook to say the least. This sight was getting slow and Facebook was picking up but damn there are some special people out there.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:04 pm

I read around and post some stuff on facebook... but the content and the things said on there always amaze me... Just get on a page .. hound page or equine page and ask a question.. lol always internet experts around to answer.. so many that its hard to find anyone that is legit

So much BS, we have a guy that lives close to us down here and I'm always amazed at what he posts lol Sometimes I would like to call him out but I don't believe it would do any good..and just make me look bad ..

I bought and Airedale from Mena Arkansas one time.. they sent me a brochure and I was reading to my Grandfather .. all this flowered up writing .. My Grandfather said "remember son paper will sit still you can write anything on it" Facebook is like paper on steroids
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
pistol
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby pistol » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:59 am

I personally think Facebook has ruined hound hunting. That bobcat lion bear dog site is a prime example. Like cowboyvon said there are guys in my area I see having full out fights and arguments literly posting mugshots and arrest warrants of each other just because they both think they are some well known houndsman. Both guys have been in this sport for 2 years but talk like they know everything about anything. I could go on and on. Before Facebook it just seemed like the sport was kinda holding but now everyone sees the pictures and hears the lies and fairy tells and have went and bought a dog, toyota pickup and a GPS and think they have it made and can sit and bash everyone and dog jockey people around.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:19 am

Alot of ignorance on certain fb hound sites that for sure! Andy
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:31 pm

I haven’t been on it since first of November, I really enjoyed networking with houndsmen from all around the planet and keeping up with friends I went to school with that i hardly ever see, like was mentioned above, an individual can’t ask a legitimate question without it turning into a chest pumping pissing match, I firmly believe that it’s the worst thing to ever happen to hound hunting, if it ain’t steady bickering it’s some yahoos posting pics that have no business on a public social media platform just to compensate for where they got short shafted in the masculinity department, it’s just about turned one of the last wholesome ways of hunting and connecting with Mother Nature into a “ look at me, I’m better than you” shit show, besides I was beginning to find myself spending entirely to much time on it that is now well spent on something a little more constructive, I’m going to stay off for at least a year or so, won’t say I’ll never log back in again because I do miss some of the camaraderie and discussions I did have with other like minded individuals...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old dog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Old dog » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:06 pm

yep to all above. its been a eye opening year for me. heart attack, tumor took half my nose, best friend passed and feeling my age more and more. don't have any patience for drama or shit storms. hells bell, they even post canine tracks and fight over them. did you know that a cat never ever leaves a claw mark?? learned that on face book lmao.
no mater if you think you can or you think you cant,, you are probably rite.
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:27 pm

All this media we have today is just a blown up version of what I herd at the pool hall, local service stations and feed stores all my life before social media. That was our social media. The good thing about the old social media was you were looking at the advice giver and you could filter accordingly or totally disregard. Not being able to look at who you are listing to has its disadvantges. I've read a lot of dog and outdoor info in the last 10 years and no info I've read has helped me very much. A thermos of coffee and time in the woods with the dogs is a lot more informative.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”