Mammary Tumor...?

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
bency
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Mammary Tumor...?

Postby bency » Fri May 24, 2019 10:18 am

Hey guys, just curious how many have dealt with this issue and what’s everyone suggesting too do? I’ve heard mixed reviews...
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Mammary Tumor...?

Postby driftwood blue » Sat May 25, 2019 10:15 am

In the late 79-80 era, my Angel female had them. took her to the vet and he told me he could remove them but he would guarantee they would come back. even with her spayed, in 6 months.
so I just let it go and after a year they were pretty big..after that I gave her to some young fellows that wanted a dog to hunt she lived about 1 1/2 more years.
they even raised a litter of pups from her and a redtick male..

you might check with a LARGE ANIMAL VET.. you would most likely get a better answer.
bency
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby bency » Sat May 25, 2019 7:54 pm

Yes sir. I have checked with a few vets. Still getting mixed reviews. Some say remove and spay, some say don’t touch them, the cancer will spread faster.
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:58 am

I had a female that had one a bit smaller than a tennis ball. She lived well over five years with it. She finally died at 16. She was one of my favorite dogs, I opted to not do anything because it never bothered her
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Wed May 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Dont know about a mammory tumor, but I had a gyp have a cancer tumor in her hind leg at the knee, had pitted out, was big swollen and open, vet was gonna amputate, bc I wanted to breed her, Iwe had 30 days til appointment, started rubbing DMSO on it, started to shrink, 90 days cancer tumornhad gone and leg had healed up, 12 months later you cant even tell it was ever there. I know other countries people use DMSO on oral cancer in humans. May be worth a shot see if it will shrink it after 30-60 days, ain't out of nothing but a few bucks at a feed store.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:29 am

Ive had them removed and had them removed and spayed. I havent had it spread in most recent cases. But i believe it depends on the vet being fairly aggressive with the removal. It seems similar to sheath or penis cancer in horses. Half swear its a lost cause some give mixed reviews and a few have had success. For the record i have had a few horses done with no further problems and one dog it didnt help. In the dog i believe it was do to the tumor actually originating inside the body cavity. Good luck what ever you decide. If you opt for removal probably best to do it as soon as possible
bency
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby bency » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:45 pm

Gonna just get her spayed and not touch the tumor. She’s had a good run either way.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 pm

I had a son of Smokey River Jeans Blue Tramp that I got when he was around 12 years old, about a year after having him he developed a tumor and I guess it would be considered a mammary tumor bc it was in one of his nipples, it grew to the size of a softball by the time I took him to vet, it weighed close to 4 lbs, within a few days of removal he was acting a lot younger and chipper and hunted better, 6 months or so after having it removed it came back with a vengeance and almost quadrupled in size, he was on his last leg anyways and had a good life and was a great coon dog, I called my buddy at the vets office to schedule an appt to have him put down, I’ll be honest I didn’t have it in me to put my old friend down myself, he must’ve knew the end was upon him because the next morning I went to his kennel to get him and he had passed during the night in his sleep, he was still curled up as if he was sleeping...

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”