Colorado bobcat hunting ground

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Beimel
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Colorado bobcat hunting ground

Postby Beimel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:31 pm

Hello. I might plan a trip to Colorado to bobcat hunt this winter. Are there any areas of public land with good road access that has a good bobcat population? Anything on the eastern half of the state? I live 20 hours away so I wouldn’t be putting a hurting on anyone’s bobcats. I just want to run cats out west. Any help would be appreciated! Send me a pm if that works too. Thanks!
ridgerunners
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Colorado bobcat hunting ground

Postby ridgerunners » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:32 pm

There are many roads on BLM and Forest and many are getting closed .TheRoad system on the eastern half of the state is not as good as the western slope .A lot of roads go up a drainage and maybe have a few side roads and then come back out .You may be able to find a road that goes a couple miles . This is one of the challenging things about hunting the mountains in Colorado we just don’t have the logging roads Like some of the other states.So your hounds can get in the back country pretty fast . My suggestion is to get a forest service map ahead of time and pick you some spots. And come out a little bit early and do your scouting . The bobcat population I feel is pretty good and where ever you go you should be able to run one...Timothy Morgan

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”