Scared dog

Talk about Coon Hunting
trentonmoore292

Scared dog

Postby trentonmoore292 » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:25 pm

Hey guys so I decided to shoot guns with a couple of my buddy’s at my house and my walker daisy was out and we shot a couple times I turned around and she was in her dog house hiding and wouldn’t come out til I got over to her do any of y’all know what I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Scared dog

Postby al baldwin » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:40 pm

Each day before feeding fire a .22 shot. Careful not to fire real close to her, then pet & feed, works with most dogs. Al
emccormick
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby emccormick » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:45 pm

Find a local guy that field trials bird dogs and ask his advice. Dogs are not born gunshy.
emccormick
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby emccormick » Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:50 pm

I always act like a retard with dogs around nose. Lots of having fin and positive energy. I have raised 2r FC bird dogs and my hounds go crazy wanting to hunt when I shoot. Must be doing something right.
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:03 am

macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:01 am

There is really not a lot of reason a person needs to deal with a dog that’s shy in anyway. When I see any sign of shy,it has to go. A shy dog is always a problem in some way.
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:38 am

Some dogs are shy. I see it in running dogs more than others. Sometimes it comes from rough handling. Most of the shy dogs I have worked with are very smart. One,made one of the best dogs that I owned but took some patient and time to get over it mostly with her it was getting to trust people. Different dogs fit different people, the key is understanding the dog and what it needs. Each to there own stile. Dewey
B&T man
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby B&T man » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:56 pm

You don’t have to do anything it’s not a big deal and it’s not your fault. There won’t be any negative impact. Tie your dog back before you shoot anything, that’s what you should be doing anyways. If someone else is doing the shooting sit with the dog and pet her up during the rifle shot and after. She’ll get the hang of it and won’t be too worried about it. Again, not a big deal. Don’t lose sleep over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some guys run Hounds to hunt Lions and Bears.... I hunt Lions and Bears so I can run Hounds!

Return to “Coon Hunting”