Streak Bred?

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
mtncurhunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Streak Bred?

Postby mtncurhunter » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:10 pm

Has anyone used a Streak bred dog on bobcats?
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Streak Bred?

Postby Jeff Eberle » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:32 am

we have 3 female that are 9 months old that are out of a streak bred female & striker male that both tree their own cat or gray fox. the 3 pups have treed two fox so far with the help from a 11 month old Bob Fogel bred female. my MT.curs are from Jared Plumlee on this site
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
mtncurhunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby mtncurhunter » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:16 pm

My 1 yr old is streak bred both top and bottom. She is a gamey little thing. I don't see her getting over about 35 lbs. You don't see big game bred dogs around here. My 4 yr old has no papers or anything and I have been killing bobcats with her for two years. I bought this pup to hopefully run with her. We will see how it works out in the next couple of months.
dac

Postby dac » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:51 pm

mtncurhunter could you post some pics of your dogs.
o and did you get them from a breeder in or near pa?
mtncurhunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby mtncurhunter » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

This is my streak bred female pup. This picture is older have not taken any photos lately. Got her out of southern Ohio. There are alot of breeders down that direction.

This is my 4 yr old. I bought her from some local amish. She is spayed unfortunately so there will be no pups from her. There is a local guy that has her full brother and has been getting some pups from him. They have been turning out to be great dogs. I am planning on breading my pup to him next year. These dogs are not registered but they a pretty good hunters and to me papers don't mean alot.
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:38 am

mtncurhunter, the 3 female have treed 2 more grey fox and 4 bears now they have made every race they have been put in. out of the 3 two are starting to tree and the one that isn't treeing will strike a hot bear from the rig. one of the one that trees is opening good on track(bear). How does your open and tree on cat?
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
mtncurhunter
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby mtncurhunter » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:53 pm

Both dogs are silent until they get the track hot, then they are open. My older dog trees hard and will not leave, the pup is still learning but is starting to tree harder. The only cats that the pup has been on are feral cats but she is coming along nicely.

Return to “Cur Dogs”