Wheres the best place to hunt hogs?

Talk about Hog hunting

Wheres the best place to hunt hogs?

Postby JOKER09 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:03 am

I was just wondering which state would be best for me to go hog hunting? I ask this question cause I live in Minnesota and I want to go hog hunting, but not ranch, I want to go out and use my dogs to find my own hogs. I want to go to a state that is closer but not as far as Texas. Hoping to hunt the animals that I wish to hunt when I bought my dogs, so plz give me some clues.
JOKER09
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Wheres the best place to hunt hogs?

Postby pigstickndude » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 pm

I KNOW YOU SAID YOU DONT WANNA COME ALL THE WAY TO TEXAS, BUT IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND SHOOT ME A MESSAGE & I WILL BE HAPPY TO LET YOU HUNT YOUR DOGS & KEEP MINE IN THE TRUCK UNLESS NEEDED. JUST AN OFFER, I KNOW ITS A LONG WAY TO GO FOR A HOG HUNT, BUT YOU COULD PROBABLY SQUEEZE IN A FISHING TRIP & MAYBE EVEN AN AXIS HUNT..
pigstickndude
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coolerman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:20 pm

I seen some boys from southern ohio i think it was www.ohiohogdoggers not sure though im in alabama if you wanna drive you have an invite
coolerman
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Rebel3 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Joker09 Do they allow hog pens in minnesota and if so do you know of any? They have outlawed them in wisconsin and now michigan and I have found it to be an excellent training aid for bear dogs and like to find somewhere close to train.
Flambeau River Kennels
-Strictly Plotts-
Rebel3
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby JOKER09 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:27 am

Rebel3 wrote:Joker09 Do they allow hog pens in minnesota and if so do you know of any? They have outlawed them in wisconsin and now michigan and I have found it to be an excellent training aid for bear dogs and like to find somewhere close to train.

I have heard that there are some hog pens in MN but so far i haven't found one yet, its really hard to find one in hear. But im not stopping on trying to find them yet, hope i do find one by this year or something, but if u do find one please let me know too.
JOKER09
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Return to Hog Hunting