who has the best bobcat dogs in the northwest?

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.

Re: who has the best bobcat dogs in the northwest?

Postby U.R.E. » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:25 pm

WOW….never imagined my name would be listed next to bobcat hunters such as J.C., Zip and Hatton. Thanks!

My opinion is that there are several great packs of bobcat dogs in my area. Each pack seems to be specific in character to the houndsmen/women that train and hunt them. Some hunters prefer to hunt at night which requires a dog that performs well after daylight hours. Some do not enjoy a dog that strikes and trails cold tracks that takes most of the morning to get warmed up. Some enjoy hunting snow. My point is that a great dog from one pack may not fit the hunting style or personal character of another hunter.

With there being several packs of bobcat dogs in this area that catch bobs on a constant bases let’s talk houndsmen/women. I feel there is more to being a true houndsmen than owning a pack of game catching dogs. Let’s face it, I can buy a pack of hounds that catch game and have no appreciation for the trainer’s ability/willingness to complete a trained dog. In other words owning a pack of game catching dogs may only predict wealth. So the question then becomes “who is a great houndsmen that owns a pack of great bobcat dogs in the North West?” Well….Do they practice conservation? Do they kill every cat they tree or do they take the time to selectively harvest? Do they participate in efforts to protect our tradition or do they simply leave it up to “others”? Do they utilize bobcats as a resource but do nothing to preserve them or the sport, and then criticize everyone else who is willing. Are they 100% dependant on others to provide for them the opportunity and means to hunt? My opinion is that there has been several mentioned who I would agree and some to which I would have to disagree. Do I feel I deserve to be mentioned? All I know is that I have a passion for the sport and am honored to be mentioned next to some of the best. Can my pack and my integrity improve? YES.

Long post short…..everyone has an idea of “great bobcat pack” leaving it up to the individual to decide.
Ultimate Redneck Experience.

HUNT WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU HUNT
U.R.E.
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby jdp » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Well said Don.
jdp

Postby happy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:54 am

WOW! cat hunting sounds way to complicated CUT THROAT and drama I think i will go back to coon hunting and running DEER!
happy

Postby larry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:24 am

happy wrote:WOW! cat hunting sounds way to complicated CUT THROAT and drama I think i will go back to coon hunting and running DEER!

Right after you get that cat dog sold huh
larry
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby happy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:43 am

My roomate swaped wording it was a 200 dollar trashy dog that had been on 1 bobcat we seen cross the road, so you can either laff with me or go F... yourself
happy

Postby larry » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:29 am

Ha ha, good thing you cleared that up right away on your ad. How old are you and your roommate? Must be from Wa. i bet.
larry
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Hope » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Hey guys I found out who the outfitter was in roseburg area it is Tim pikkett super nice guy on the phone, e-mailed me a bunch of bobcat pictures this guy looks like the real deal . He gave me many references and everyone said how outstanding his line of dogs are. I called Sam Datsun to see if he knew tim Pickett and he said that he was a hell of a cat hunter.Coming from sam that is something, knowing that he has cat hunted his whole life and knows what a cat dog is and always has a few real good ones. He said that most of the guys dogs that cat hunt around roseburg are out of Tim Pikkets dogs.(I think I am pronouncing the last name right)
Hope

Postby Charlie83541 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Carefull,,,,,,,,, I mentioned Tim's name recently on this site and got my ass handed to me.
I'm new here,so I just let it go,, but I will say this..
I had some buisness dealings with Tim and found him to be an honest straight up guy that did exactly what he said he would.
I've found that if ya look hard enough, you can always find someone that doesn't like a certain person and have learned to judge people by how they treat me. Untill they do me wrong I dissreguard the rumors..
We still keep in touch ocasionally, and share a few lies.
I concider Tim as a friend..

Charlie
Charlie83541
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby getgone » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:56 am

I have contacted many bobcat guides in the northwest reviewing guides and 99% percent of them told me that the guy with the best dogs is the one who is ridiculed the most. Sounds like I made the right choice in a bobcat guide. He also got me a winter steelhead trip on the North umqua with one of the top guides that is usually booked solid but Tim got my nephew and I squeezed in. I couldnt get any outfitter other than Tim To give me a hunt to catch ratio. I called a dozen References and the worst i got was that he was a little ruff around the edges. He also offered to help my nephew a chance to start hunting hounds.
getgone

Postby M.Pickett » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:55 am

let me start off by saying nice Timism "walkersrule" i think you forgot the 'blackdogsdrool' part, aye? might as well put 'mommas boy'.
and really, do you not having anything better to do with your life than to talk on here about my dad, seriously? GROW UP. it's so pathetic, your just jealous, and you know just as well as i do and anyone else that knows you that my dad taught you everything you know about dog hunting, and every other kind of hunting; i hope getting blowed up by a little girl made your ears glow a special shade of red :) and Don, really your what 40? you can grow up too. and you know what, i couldn't go hunting with my dad just the two of us because he was so worried about the Farret showing up, and anyone that knows him knows what i'm talking about when i mention his name, or maybe you need a reminder..tracking collars; and there are witnesses that you gave him the collar numbers. say what you want, but it's time you face the music.
it's sick how you people just sit on here and stir pot. Ya'll ain't in middle school, and your sure not girls, so stop acting like middle school girls. For real. and this crap about 'it's not about the numbers' that's bull, if that was true, you wouldn't worry about what we killed and how many we killed.

Some people have families to support *cough*walkersrule*cough* so don't be bad mouthing his business on here, please and thank you :)

and i apperciate the people who actually do stick up for my dad, and don't believe all this patheticness..thanks.

cathunts.com

Morgan(:

P.s, don't believe anything they tell you about Tim Pickett, if you have questions call him, don't ask on here.
M.Pickett

Postby getgone » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:44 am

Looks like there is one little girl that knows what is really going on! Seems every post bye walkersrule is trying in oneway or the other to bring SOUTHERN OREGON OUTFITTERS down. From what i have gathered from the self made houndsmen this happens often when a good houndsmen takes some underneath their wing in the hunting buisness and help them in their family or personel problems. from the numerous references that i have contacted i have come up with the same conclusion. GOOD DAWGS + LOTS OF BOBCATS = JEALOUS and bitter hunters. I guess the 99% of the houndsmen that said pick the guy that is ridiculed the most were RIGHT!
getgone

Postby walkersrule » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:54 am

morgan,

hahaha............ that's funny!
the only thing i learned from your dad was what not to do, and how not to act.
take that for what its worth! and believe it or not, i think deep down his feelings are a little different than what he is letting on! supporting a family? hmmmm i seem to remember a day..................well?

but again, doing his dirty work for him...........lol. also likes to hide behind others.

hey Tim,
who bought your house?
who bought your pickup?
should i go on?

oh yah Tim, i guess you are down another hunting buddy........lol.
how many cats did you catch last year? since you had your daughter mention numbers! yah i heard through your hunting buddy! by the way, i gave an opinion, and had every right to do so.

ps. if Tim has something to say to me he can atleast say it to my face! well he kinda went half way on that with the ranting about me to teddy...........lol
its kind of funny how its all behind my back! after all the stuff i helped him out with thats what i get? who walked to most all of your trees? who brought you flashlights and food at 2:00 am in the morning when they were in be asleep so you could find your dogs? who walked eight miles to go get your dogs in 2.5 ft of snow (in really rough terrain), while you sat in the pickup telling someone that you wished i would hurry up so we could go find another cat? who free-climbed an alder tree 30 feet up, about 5 feet from the top, over truck sized boulders, so a client could get his cat that was hung up in less than 20 deg. weather? should i go on?

whats that tell you guys?

and GETGONE, you apparently have no idea of what you are talking about because i WAS friends with him for 15 years, and I KNOW whats going on. if you want to be friends with him that's all on you buddy. just let me know how it turns out in a year or two. there are plenty and i mean plenty on here that KNOW EXACTLY what i am talking about, and 99 percent would agree. if you were a houndsman you wouldn't need a guide anyways! so whats the deal? but i'm a self proclaimed houndsman? all i know is i hunt hounds, and someone sounds like they have a big mouth! if i remember correctly, someone ASKED what we thought about a cat guide and i gave MY OPINION! we could go on and on about all the things i have to say, but that's all i'm gonna say! I wasnt trying to bad mouth anyone, I was just giving MY OPINION. and if i have something to say, im damn sure man enough to say it to their face! THATS AS LONG AS I AM GIVEN THE CHANCE!

HAVE A NICE DAY
JIMMY
Last edited by walkersrule on Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
walkersrule
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby walkersrule » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:30 am

the topic was about the dogs not the owners.
:lol:
so you guys can think what you want outa the whole thing and take what you will.
like i said i hunt with people that go just to have a good time and hunt the dogs. if you cant have fun, then why do it? i have bent over backwards for that guy over the years and finaly had to call it as a lost. im not saying i havent had fun with him, just too many headaches, thats all! and still cant get far enough away from him to suit me. pot stirring at its finest! sounds like the golden spoon just got passed on! :roll:

Oh, and by the way TIM, please take my pictures off of your website so that i am not any further associated with you or your outfit! you DO NOT have my permission to have them on there! thank you. we both know the truth and thats what makes us differant!

as to all the others that have read this forum, i hope you will come to your own conclusion and make your own decisions. i am sorry for the ranting but some things have to be said for people to understand. like i said before, this forum is a place for me to pass the time between kids, dogs and work. there is a lot of valuable info on here. you just have to pick and chose what you want to take from it. with that said, happy hunting to all :D

JIMMY
walkersrule
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Charlie83541 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Now that's thinking with yer dip-stick,,,,,,,,,,,,JIMMY
Charlie83541
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby U.R.E. » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:14 pm

Look......I could say a ton about Tim but I don't and I won't. It's not up to me to pick your guide or your hunting partner or what dogs you choose to feed and hunt. I hope you enjoy your time in the woods no matter who it's with.

Morgan: Thanks for shutting me up and putting me in my place.......I was out of control and for that I apologize to you and your family.

Don
Ultimate Redneck Experience.

HUNT WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU HUNT
U.R.E.
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

PreviousNext

Return to Bobcat/Lynx Hunting