Pups that come from a dam that died from retained Placenta

Discuss Health & Medical Issues
Rustyshaklferd
Facebook ID: 0

Pups that come from a dam that died from retained Placenta

Postby Rustyshaklferd » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 pm

I have a nice plott hound that is now 10 and turned out to be a great dog I wish I would have had pups from her but its way too late for her. I am looking at buying a pup from a guy who's dog died after giving birth because the placenta did not pass. If the pup I buy, again turns out great I would want to breed her. I am concerned about potentially breeding a dog whose dam died. I raise sheep and other animals etc and would never normally keep a ewe that didnt have an unassisted birth and I am wondering what you guys think of that. And also the way bottle fed dogs are....on one hand I like the idea that the pups have had so much interaction already because of that. The other thing thats got me on the deal is he sold the Sire so now I cant see either parent and still wants 400 a pup....they are registered ukc but.....I told myself I want to see the parents the next time around and hunt with them even, if possible. I guess the guy... who lives only an hour away just had back surgery which was his reason for selling the sire but he had it listed on UKC as a 4 yr old bear,bobcat and coon dog and gave it away for 750 which seems a little cheap but I don't know. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Pups that come from a dam that died from retained Placenta

Postby driftwood blue » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:24 pm

$400 for pups out of a dog he sold for $750?? Red flag
but like you said I would like to see the sire and dam work..

the retained placenta problem is not a real issue if you know what to do.. If you wish to know send me a PM.
Don Cummings

Return to “Health & Medical Issues”