Redbones for bear???

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
beaglewalkerhunter4
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Redbones for bear???

Postby beaglewalkerhunter4 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:34 pm

why is that Redbones are virtually not accounted for as dogs used for bear? anybody got any ideas?
Hike in, tie em back, hike out.
Will M.
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Redbones for bear???

Postby Will M. » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:20 am

That's all two guys that I hunt with use is Redbones. They do a good job to.
talkin redbones
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby talkin redbones » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:44 pm

Redbones ARE WHAT I USE. THERE IS MORE USED FOR BEAR THAN YOU THINK, THEY JUST DON'T GET THE PUBLICITY THE OTHER BREEDS DO.
beaglewalkerhunter4
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby beaglewalkerhunter4 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:13 pm

I figured that could be the case, why do you suppose that's so?
Hike in, tie em back, hike out.
hyde
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hyde » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi, I'm here in Idaho, and I hunt bear with all redbones. My grandpa ran red dogs for 50 years here in Idaho. It's true, you don't see alot of them. Mostly walkers around here. I know I love the red breed, and they have always pleased me.
U.R.E.
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby U.R.E. » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:06 pm

I have three dogs that can catch bobcat on their own and two are red. I honestly think they are smarter than most other breeds.

No one speaks of their redbones, but look closely in pictures and videos around and you will always see a redbone or two in most packs.

Don
Ultimate Redneck Experience.

HUNT WHAT YOU LIKE, LIKE WHAT YOU HUNT
hyde
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hyde » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:26 pm

I agree that redbones are very smart. Like my grandpa always said," You can always hunt for hounds, but Redbones will hunt for you!!"
Guitar Picker
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Guitar Picker » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:17 am

Hey ther Mr. Hyde, I knew your grandpa very well, I to ran the same strain of red dogs as your grandpa, I got my first one 1973 , and guess who told me where to go to get it, your grandpa, it was a straine that came from a retired army colonel in MO. We always refered to him as colonel Clouse , like your grandpa he has went to a better place , I have some old redbooks from when I was a member of the Redbone assoc. dating back to 74,75,76, that shows the foundation sires of this strain . Its hard to keep blood pure
without getting traits of in-breeding , As far as I know there were only your grandpa, myself and another gentelmen by the name of Legg that had the colonel's blood out here in Idaho. I think you were with your grandpa, 5 maybe 6 yrs ago when he picked up a little red gyp from me. she went back to the colonel's blood line but it was way way back, there's good and bad in all breeds , but the old army colonel bred for nose and tree and above all desire, the tracking part just came natural , when you mix up a cake with that recipe your gonna have a good cake. Good luck with the long tails this winter, Talk to ya later.
kc
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby kc » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:39 pm

i also run my redbones on bear. i think that the redbone breed is very smart & handle alot better.
HOME OF MCDONNELL`S REDBONES.

http://www.kcshounds.com/mcdonnells_redbones.php

WEBSITE.

http://www.kcshounds.com/index.php

HOME OF THE YOTE JUNKIES
FullCryHounds
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby FullCryHounds » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:44 pm

I was going to say exactly what Don said above. "I honestly think they are smarter than most other breeds.
No one speaks of their redbones, but look closely in pictures and videos around and you will always see a redbone or two in most packs."

I like smart dogs. My smartest dog by FAR was a Piute Mt. Redbone.
Dean Hendrickson
Pine, CO.
Rocky Mountain Wildlife Studios
rmwildlifestudios.com
hyde
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hyde » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Hey there Guitar Picker, I wasn't ignoring you, I just never get on the darn computer! Plus I'm no good with electronics, still trying to figure out how to track dogs let alone type on a computer! I really appreciated the message you sent, and you know your business. Dorman Clouse, Roy Legg, And Doc Hyde, knew what they were doing. You are also a man to respect, Grandpa always told me that!! I still have that female we got from you, and she is a great dog. She trees harder than any dog I've ever seen!! I have a pup out of her that is 2 years old, and she is awesome!! Hey, thanks alot for the message you sent, and good luck to you!
Emily
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Emily » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:54 pm

I have a pair of redbones that I hunt bear with. One is a really good hard pressure dog, the other is mostly a coon dog but adequate backup on bear. The bear dog is smart, loud, easy handling, and a thorough pleasure to have around. He also sleeps in my bed. He rigs from there! The other night he woke me up from a sound sleep to run off one that was messing near my fence. I didn't let him out of the fenced yard, but that bear took off in a hurry!
esp
Mackdog

Postby Mackdog » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:23 am

What part of Idaho are you redbone guys from? I am from St. Maries and am trying to start a pack. I have one decent stud and will be looking for a good hunting female this fall to throw a litter with.
hyde
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby hyde » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Hey there Mackdog, great picture. I love seeing a good redbone at the tree!! In response to your question, I'm in Emmett, about 45 min north of boise.
RedBone Bear Hunter

Postby RedBone Bear Hunter » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:10 pm

My dogg is used for bear!! and shes a Timber Chopper Redbone! idc what anyone thinks, Red dogs are beautiful on tree as well as trailing.
Home Of
Timber Chopper's GRNITECH PR LiL Red Devil's Dirty Secret

Return to “Redbone Coonhounds”