Postby Jeff Eberle » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:16 am

Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
jkcasey
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Kemmer cur

Postby jkcasey » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:55 am

I don't mean to interrupt the thread and get off topic. The only Kemmers I've been around were a jam up dogs, on hogs. They didn't stand and take the ivory like a blackmouth, but bounced off of the hog and got back to baying. From what I've read on this thread it sounds like it may be hard to find a good one anymore. I sure hope that isn't the case. I was wanting to cross a good one with some of my outlaw blood one of these days and see how they turned out.
Catch you later, Kiel “If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.” --Lou Haltz
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:41 am

jkcasey, i agree with you 100% . and am sure there is great ones out there. just that personal experience i had just led me to believe couldn't have been real good record keeping going on about anything. take care!
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
Rossco
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Rossco » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 am

There are plenty of kemmer dogs around. Gerret has a few that are fine dogs. The fry's breeding program is a great one. They have dogs that hunt everything from coons to lions. I think a lot of people would be suprised what these little dogs are capable of if the saw them. I have had a few of them. and love watching the fry's dogs when I go huntin with them.

Ross
"Life is hard, its harder if your stupid." John Wayne
wwridgerunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby wwridgerunner » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:35 am

The McClains in wv run kemmers on hogs and bear and thier dogs are get treed quick and gritty as all get out,they come highly recomended.I have 2 mnt views now they are kemmers with out being reg as kemmers.the kemmer people really dont like these dogs because of the back stabber that started the mvc.dont blame em,but these curs i have are line bred and havent been out crossed since the late 90s (as far as i know(key word)there gritty as hell and my pup 8(mo)loves to chase barn cats.im really hopin they turn out.i would like to get them up here in the north to chase cats,coons,and bear.They are my family pets love my kids and guard my house,i think evryone should own at least 1 to run the farm keepin predators at bay.I love em,they really aim to please you.i owned walkers and blue dogs before this and i loved those dogs too i guess im impartial.I just love tree and bay dogs it gets my blood boilin.
Attachments
IMG00043.JPG
Last edited by wwridgerunner on Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:23 am

ridge runner how are ya mountain views doin are they treein bear for you are they workin for you then get more the mvc and kemmers are the same pretty much
look at the pedegree
i almost got a mvc from bloodgood at least he would give me my money back if the pup didnot work for me more than what these other big name guys give ya i thought that was a good sign from a breeder. guess thats a problem when most guys want a dog for free :lol:
hear the outlaw curs are great on hog anyone usein them on bear . li freediver
wwridgerunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby wwridgerunner » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:28 am

When you say outlaw curs do you mean MVC's lol lol,because they are an outlaw cur as far as the kemmer cur breeders are concerned,ive been looking into the kemmer stock peds and found this to be true as far as the papers go.Most mvc are from gold nugget blood the foundation blood of the kemmers,when all the blondie blood or target blood was introduced they became better at differnt game.when i look at the mvc peds the same blood is there that the foundation stock kemmers have.Now with all else being equal mvc"s are the outlaws of the kemmer breed,i would like to introduce some newer kemmer blood into that line just to freshen it up,its been the same for a very long time.My yellow mvc bumped a bear the other day while out training and put him up,stayed treed and got pissed on it just made him madder and i dont think he will be backing down from bear.that could be a problem inexperienced pup = dead pup.Anyway if anyone has mvc's dont be scared were outlaws too,lets see em or hear from you lol lol :beer
Hagerman
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Hagerman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:15 am

Good grief. The site I was posting is a forum.
There are a few on there that use them for big game.
Hogs, bear, etc.
Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked why he takes his wife on all the road trips.
Phillips: “Because she is too damn ugly to kiss good-bye.”
Not sure if it's true, just funnier than hell. A been there done that moment.
Hagerman
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Hagerman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:39 am

Ridge, Creig Brown in florida can help you.
So many are so ready to trash someone.
He uses his for hogs but is pretty connected.
And yes, I'm going to say it again, up and down the East Coast.
Holler if I can help.
John Ketzler (575) 703 5703
Oiler coach Bum Phillips when asked why he takes his wife on all the road trips.
Hagerman
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Hagerman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:49 am

Ridge, I have 11 breeders in New York listed in the 2010 year book.
Any one of them can direct you.
Sorry this thread went down hill, I wasn't keeping up with it..
I wasn't trying to start something about an individual but where you could get information.
I have a male kemmer from Creig Brown and he's a good person.
wwridgerunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby wwridgerunner » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:08 pm

Thanks to all the input + or - its all good!!!!!!! :agmnt :lol:
lifreediver
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby lifreediver » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:37 am

LoL no the other outlaw cur i think there outta georgia there a hound pointer pit cur dog so your mvc are workin for ya and you want to try a different line :beer
wwridgerunner
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby wwridgerunner » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:45 am

hard headed and seem to be late starters and gritty buggers but yeah i was looking for a female in ny,there seems to be a couple I have the yearbook and I only see silver bear and a pope but there's many in the east
Reuben
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Reuben » Sat May 19, 2018 3:36 pm

This is an old thread...but I have had quite a few kemmers and I liked those that had gold nugget breeding...they are great hunting dogs with good gritt and excellent winding nose...they have a good style of stopping a Hog...
Idcurs
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Idcurs » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:49 pm

This is an old thread but like Uphill and Dan said it right big game kemmers are far and few between.The guy that said kemmers won't take the ivory like a bmc ,never saw my curs on a bear or hog.If they back up or run they get shot!!!!!Uphill,Bob,Bruce,Jeff and Allen can tell you about the grit in my kemmers they have a lot of Fry's Striker blood and a lot of Gus McCrea blood.To many out east are just tree rat dogs and don't the bottom to make long range big game curs.Most don't have the cold nose drive like the Striker curs or the grit like the Gus-Muphry Brown curs!!!!None have both expect mabey the McClain boys Frosty line!!!!!!

Return to “Cur Dogs”