So question for you cur guys

Share your hunts and discuss your dogs
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

So question for you cur guys

Postby hillbilly boy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:39 pm

So wanted to see what you guys would think and see if I am getting a joke played on me I met a guy that was using his curs for fox and coyote
He was using a e-caller to bring them in to were they could be seen and let his dogs out after them said that the reason was the dogs were fast enough to catch or bay then the shot would be so close it was a for sure shot I don't doubt that they could handle a coyote and would no doubt kill a fox my only question is would they have the speed to bay or catch a few people that work with them I have met said that on a fresh track they are a lot faster than hounds but wanted to see what people that run them think
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: So question for you cur guys

Postby SASS » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:36 pm

You sure he wasn't using them as decoy dogs? A lot of guys out here in the west use Kemmers as decoy dogs.
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hillbilly boy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:39 pm

He was calling them catch dogs but I might have misunderstood him
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby SASS » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:42 pm

Could be, you can run coyotes with lots of different types of dogs. I have seen them use stags in similar ways to how you described but you have to understand Stags are much faster and can be really big.
hillbilly boy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hillbilly boy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:00 pm

That what I was thinking I know stags have been used like that but the old guy said that a fast tracking dog was better in heavy cover said that on a freash track they were about the fastest tracking dog he had seen and loved to fight more than anything

Return to “Cur Dogs”