SLK's Marlow and Queen

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: SLK's Marlow and Queen

Postby Lynxhunter » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Pacs doing good Cindy.
Houndseason just ended here, so he'll be laid up for a little while.

Had a rough winter. Almost lost him two times. He fell out of a iceglaced bluff into a huge boulderpile and fell through the ice on a 600 feet wide river, both times chasing lynx.(Dont tell Steve about the falling through the ice, I havent deared to tell him yet...)
Also had some real fun. Taken some kids out in the woods, running redfox with Pacs. Thats always fun. You should have seen how impressed them kids get when Pacs starts trailing when them tracks are totally blown shut.

Havent taken any pictures of him lately. See if I can take some during the weekend. Promised Steve some a long time ago to, so its about time.
- Still got the same e-mail adress?

Magnums a looker Cindy. Them high tans have grown a lot on me sinc I started gattering information about bloodhounds and majestics.
Good luck on the breedings.
Hans
"I'd like to tell you 'bout a known bunch of foxhounds I've got. Ol' Rain, ol' Tiger n' ol' Rover. When we started out 'cross them Georgia hills huntin' them foxes, it sounded somethin' like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc3jKGffHQ"

Shorty Medlocke
Yellowjacket
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Yellowjacket » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:43 pm

That would have been a serious loss. Good thing he made it through. Yes I would love to see some updated pictures of him. I would love to have the opportunity to breed Pac to our Crystal female but Magnum is line right now for next year to breed to her. She is a very nice well breed UKC walker but Jonny wants to run her thru the hunts first.

Magnum definitely is a looker. We have had many a call wanting to buy him or have a pup out of him. I do not ever plan on selling him and it has taken me a long time to finally agree on a female. So I hope they are nice pups. I like the female we bred her to a week ago. She belongs to a friend of ours and he will put a young dog in every opportunity to do well and she is doing a great job. We guess it will be the first week in June when the pups should arrive. My hubby told our friend not to send me any pictures.LOL

Yes I have the same email eskimosptz@aol.com.
Jonny and Cindy Thompson
Virginia Light Foot/Rocky English Coonhounds
NITECH CH 'PR' Yadkin River Cub II 2011 Performance Sire
NITECH 'PR' Roman's Hardtime Baby Boy
CH 'PR' Yadkin River Blaster
http://www.BawlingTreeKennel.com
Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Lynxhunter » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:16 am

Yes, it would. If nothing else this winter have tought me that hounds that hunts with heart and desire, are living dangerously around here....
Hope to get a female from Steve, so I can breed some dogs of my own. Losing Pacs would be a huge loss and it would put me right back to square one....

Tell you what Ciny. If you ever have a pup out of Magnum without a owner, let me know and I'll take the trip over there with a couple of straws out of Pacs and trade for the pup :D

I'll send you some pictures tonight.

Hans
"I'd like to tell you 'bout a known bunch of foxhounds I've got. Ol' Rain, ol' Tiger n' ol' Rover. When we started out 'cross them Georgia hills huntin' them foxes, it sounded somethin' like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syc3jKGffHQ"

Shorty Medlocke
Yellowjacket
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Yellowjacket » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:20 pm

I think you would like a pup out of Magnum and Bailee. Like I said I have never said yes to breeding Magnum. Had many a call to breed to him or buy him and I always said no. When we got Crystal I watched her grow into a nice young female that would cross super with him but I want to wait until next year because Jonny wants to run her thru the hunts and then breed her back to Cub who is performanced.

Bailee is out of Marlow and Blu and together with Magnum's abilities I do believe they should come out with cold noses and a good bit of track/tree. What I like about Magnum is he is smart and seems to really think about things before he leaps. He has the drive but also the brains. He has a huge mouth and covers a good bit of ground. I also like the fact with his size which is right around 100 lbs he handles like a perfect gentleman. His conformation is absolutely beautiful and has the most amazing cat like feet. He naturally stands with a perfect square frame. Blah Blah Blah....I could just go on. I adore Magnum. Bailee is owned by a friend and he has been very pleased with her. She has a super personality and a lot of drive. She has a nice mouth and a beautiful color. Her conformation is very nice too so together I think they should be some nice pups.
Bailee,
Jonny and Cindy Thompson
Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Lynxhunter » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Bailee is beutiful Cindy!
Could be there is hope for a lot of Black 'n tan and high tan pups....

Seems to me that brains are more important than I believed earlier. Lots of situations were a biggamehound need brains to get their job done.
Magnum and Crystal is an interresting combination. Sacett and nailor consentration you are after?

Sendt you a e-mail with pictures.

Hans

Shorty Medlocke
Yellowjacket
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Yellowjacket » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:00 pm

I like Crystal because I have hunted her dad Hitch and like him alot. Her mom Bonnie is a sister to our Yadkin River Blaster and an aunt to our pups out of Bonnie's brother White Oak Blaster. Crystal I feel is a good match for Magnum. She is loud, independent and likes to get split. She is super smart and knows how to stay out of trouble. I just like her personality and over all looks. She has a big blocky head and her coloring is rich. She learns fast and I do believe Magnum and her would be a good complimented couple. We will see. I would like to hunt them together.

Got your pictures. I just love that head on Pac. He is so good looking.

Cindy
Jonny and Cindy Thompson
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:22 pm

Hey Han's where's my Foto ???? LOL
Steve Morrow "Saltlick Majestic's"
"Never Have Hounds Or Kids And You Won't Get Your Heart Broke"!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Canine Training Academy - Co.

The Mara Conservancy - Kenya Africa
Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Lynxhunter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:55 pm

He he, you wouldnt want 'em Steve. Taken in almost total darkness with that compackt camera you like so much....., it didnt turn out good.....

Pacs looks real good now, so I'll take some better ones soon and send you.

Cindy: That Magnum/Crystal cross sounds just better and better each time you talk about it.

Hans

Shorty Medlocke
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:17 pm

Well Pac's Mom is having Pups this very Min. !!!! Maggie Started about 1 hour ago ... 2 Female Redticks so far and SHE's Huge !!!! its going to be a LONG remainder of the Day and into the night !!

This is Maggie's 5 th. litter She's 7 y.o. now and this will be her last .. She's put out some Good hounds and some Bad but I believe the Good has outweighed any Bad With some Outstanding Hounds she has produced ..

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Lynxhunter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Wow, exciting!!!!

Good luck!

Hans

Shorty Medlocke
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:46 pm

5 Pups so Far Hans !!

Its going to be a LONG night !!! 5:45 pm here and shes still as big as a house !!!

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Lynxhunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Lynxhunter » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 pm

You might be in for a record batch there Steve!
Jeze, she's big!

Let me know when they are all there.

Hans

Shorty Medlocke
Majestic Tree Hound
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Majestic Tree Hound » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:55 am

Well the last one of 12 poped out at 2:45 last night ...
We got some very good color in the litter ..

Salt Lick Kennels

Bawling Tree Kennels

Sunrise Outfitting

Return to “Majestic Hounds”