whats the best way to cook lion?

Feel free to Drop your favorite Recipe here.
LBell
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: whats the best way to cook lion?

Postby LBell » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:04 pm

I know this is an old post but last winter as a guess what your eating deal I made pepper sticks out of cougar and brought it to work. Almost a year later today I brought in some summer sausage I made from the last of my deer and put 1 up front for the office folks and 1 back here in our fab shop. I went to check on the one up front to see how it was doing and it was all but gone by 10 am, I was then asked buy most of the folks to do more cougar sticks like last year, they said they were all hoping some would have brought in by now. We're talking non hunting soft handed office staff I was surprised and had to explain I'm out of meat but would do my best to restock. I enjoy lion, fried like tenders, smoked, and pepper sticks, I use a black pepper garlic mix. But lion is a big hit if people just give it a try.
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:36 am

Too bad bobcat doesn't taste the same...Put some loins and parts of the hind quarters on the grill and it wasn't a big hit. The initial taste wasn't bad, it was the skunky aftertaste that gets you....
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Fried some up the other night in bacon grease seasoned it with garlic salt and pepper . fed it to my mom's husband who is a city guy from New york . he loved it said it's the best meat he ever ate . haha . now he tells everyone that . keeps asking me if I have more and when am I making it again .
Hunt hard cull hard !

Return to “POORBOYS Recipes! and anyone else that has a good recipe!”