smoker recipes and tricks

Feel free to Drop your favorite Recipe here.
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

smoker recipes and tricks

Postby outlaw13 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 am

I would like to hear of anyones favorite recipes using a smoker, or if you have any tips about better ways to cook in a smoker im all ears. Lets hear about your favorite ways to do Fish, Jerkey, steaks, pot roasts, turkey, chicken, venison and anything else that is delicious.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
Bearkiller
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: smoker recipes and tricks

Postby Bearkiller » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:11 am

You can smoke just about anything. Try a Boston butt (happens to be a front shoulder). Inject it with marinade a couple days in advance. The longer the better. 12+ hours. The collagen from the bone will make it so tender and moist. Low and slow. 200 degrees or less. I also like to spray with a 50/50 apple juice/ Apple cider vinegar solution for moisture during smoking.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Don't buy the hype.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
wags

Postby wags » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Was hoping that their was going to be more recipes got a new smoker for Christmas and don't know a lot about them. Did hear that you don't want to smoke fish in it unless that's all you because then every thing taste like fish any help would be great
outlaw13
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby outlaw13 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:35 am

Well the things i have tried so far is i bought a 9lb turkey breast and injected it with butter and just put a dry rub on the outside cooked it for either 6 or 8 hours i can't remember off the top of my head and it was fantastic. Used cherry wood. I also did a batch of deer jerkey where i made my own marinade out of brown suger, teriyaki, a little soy sauce and pepper, i let it marinate for 2 days, dried out on racks for 1 1/2 hours over newspaper before smoking then filled up my chip tray and smoked with the vent closed for 2 hours at 165 degrees then reduced heat to 140 degrees and opened the vent for an additional 12 hours, I think i added more chips in the last hour but the jerkey turned out great. I have also cooked a bunch of steaks (i think the beef turns out more tender than pork) at 180 degrees for about 1hour and 45 min give or take 20 depending on size of steak and i eat mine medium rare. Oh i also put apple juice in my water pan when cooking the turkey and believed that it helped. When i think of more of smoke more meat i will post again.
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent

Go Big or Go Home!!!

Clint Berg
wags

Postby wags » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 am

Thanks Clint for the help getting stared because I'm no Betty Crockett
Glen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002648123240

Postby Glen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

Look into the Luhr Jenson cook book that you get when you buy a big chief smoker. I think you can get just the cook book online. It has some amazing recipies in it. The mistake that I made was sharing the product. After that everyone wanted something smoked, which was kinda cool and I like to share, but it was so time consuming.

Return to “POORBOYS Recipes! and anyone else that has a good recipe!”