Reminder system for hound related meetings

George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Reminder system for hound related meetings

Postby George Streepy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:28 am

There has been a lot of talk about the hound community in Washington and our inability to be organized. I am not sure how well I can get it to work but I don't think it would be all that hard to come up with a reminder system using outlook, facebook or some of the other programs I use for my business. I am going to try to put something together something where I call or email people prior to an upcoming event that could use some attention.

I will need some help though. Any meetings, events, functions, etc need to be sent to me. So if any of you see or hear about anything don't think I already know about it or that someone else already brought it up. Email, PM, or call. This forum is a great tool and I will post info on here as long as Buddy lets me. The email address is unitedhoundhuntersofwashington@gmail.com My numbers are listed below if you prefer to contact me that way.

I have no problem driving to meetings although my public speaking skills leave a little to be desired. The problem I feel a lot of us have is remembering a commission meeting or what have you is coming up. I will do my best to help remedy that.

In the past I have made comments about most clubs and the Hound Council being distracted by field trials and such. This is not an attempt to bash or discredit those folks. It is simply to focus more on the issues that directly effect the future of hound hunting in Washington state. If we do not get very proactive and organized it won't be long before we have absolutely nothing left.

Right now there isn't any reason to worry about funds or donations. To get a reminder system started I will pay for any websites or the small fees that come with that sort of thing. If there seems to be a demand for it in the future we may want to start some sort of a club, but for now lets see how many folks are interested in a simple reminder system.

Anyone that has some input or would like to help please let me know!

Thank you,
George Streepy
unitedhoundhuntersofwashington@gmail.com
(360)802-6480 home#
(253)266-2130 cell#
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Reminder system for hound related meetings

Postby catdog360 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:25 pm

George, I'm on board. I know Macias, piglet, and Buddy are all good sources for info. Darvon Ecklund likes speaking in public. We need info coming in from all corners of the state.
Websites are fairly easy to set up with forums. Ousda does board meeting via phone conference, that seems to keep everyone up to date also.

Let me know what you need.

Mic O'Brien
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Thanks Mic.

I will be trying to contact everyone I know over the next couple weeks. I would start calling today but I already spent an hour or two talking with some other hound guys on the phone. We need to keep every one informed and try to communicate the best we can.

If people are interested in some sort of a club I am all for it. I just don't want to spend a bunch of time or effort if I am the only one that plans to show up. I think a club with traveling meeting places would be good for everyone. If people want to meet in person I will travel. One thing I would like to know is who is really ready to start doing what we can to push back, so to speak. If people do want to contact me, having an idea of what part of the state they live in would be nice. I live in Enumclaw, which puts me not to far from everywhere.

I will work on trying to be our memory, lets see where we can take it from there.

Thanks to all who have responded,
George Streepy
WAcoyotehunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby WAcoyotehunter » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 pm

Count me in- I'm way over here in NE washington and won;t be making too many Westside meetings, but I'm happy to help organize and do whatever we can to get people on board.

Let's get organized and have a coherent message that can be heard in Olympia.
Don't shoot to kill...Shoot to SURVIVE!
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:33 pm

I just got back from the wildlife commission meeting. They didn't present anything on the night hunting rule changes. They told the commission that after changing it a couple times, followed by the public input, they would be be putting any night hunting rules on the back burner for now.
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Did they touch on the pilot program?
buzz
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby buzz » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 am

Thank you George for going to the meeting and reporting back to those of us who could not make it.
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:58 am

Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks Again George,

I Think the New Cougar Seasons will be good ground work if we can get any changes or Get the pilot Program Fired up again. I talked to them some about it before and although it's not interesting since there are no Dog Hunting, It sets the Cougar Seasons up to easily switch over to work with Dog seasons if we can ever get in gear and get it back again. Basically I think it sets a quota System for all of the state. And we'll be able to track progress.

I think it's a good step in the right direction.

For some reason I didn't realize that Moses lake was 5.5 hours away from me.. I didn't plan on that very good.

Coyote Hound, are you able to make most of the eastSide Meetings. I would like to talk with you if you can call sometime.
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Moses Lake is just over three hours from me, so it was a lot of driving for half a meeting. They only do Moses Lake once a year so now everything is Olympia which is less than an hour for me. Later this month is a phone conference meeting that we can listen to if we go to Olympia. Then it will be interesting to see what happens at the April meeting. I will do my best to attend them. Some of it is pretty boring but I will take some notes and report back. The cougar seasons coming up will be interesting to watch. The Game Dept can still use hounds for public safety. This year was a bust, but we will see how everything turns out. I am hopeful that something will work out for us on the cougar hunting.
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Thanks George and Buddy for attending. My dad will be back in Washington for the next meetings so if guys need to carpool to Olympia from SW WA let me know. He tries to make every commission.meeting.
Machias
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Machias » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Count me in, however I can help. Thanks for reporting back from the meeting and thanks for attending!!
Fred Moyer

Return to “Washington”