wa state hound petition

northwestcat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

wa state hound petition

Postby northwestcat » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:51 pm

as we all sit and ask how we can get our hunting back i have taken the time to right a petition it needs 25000 signutures by jan 1 12 this is being sent to wa dc it may not help but it gives us a little chance you can reside in any state and still sighn this. as i am not computer savy any help would be great getiing the link out to people once it recives 150 signitures it will go puplic and be easyer to find.

: http://wh.gov/N3th
Save and Share this URL: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... e/s0ck5NyZ

i have done my part as now so please help take 5 minutes and do yours thanks.
kehrer10
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000127044925

Re: wa state hound petition

Postby kehrer10 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:34 am

Done!
jeremy
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:21 am

Exactly how does a petition to the White House work for Washington STATE
northwestcat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby northwestcat » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:42 am

what it does is shows the feds that we are not satisfied with the decisions our local goverment has made. since we all know they hold the final say. it may be a long shot but look at how the antis work complain bitch moan and some way get there way its your way of saying " hey we have an issue out here and something needs to be done '' i have spent hours listening to people talk and complain and question how we can get our hunting back this is step one. if someone as my self can figure this out then no person who own a computer can say they cant. i grew up in this state and got to enjoy it while it was all legit not saying the bear and cougar permits have not been nice some of the best hunting a ever had has been the past 14 years. but for the future genarations they dont stand a chance. any avid sportsmen cant deni the fact there are less deer and elk out these days granted yes a portion of this can be poaching and majority of that is done by the brush pickers but if you look at the average bear and cougar taken in this state its been on the rise alone this year almost 20 cougar have been harvested in graysharbor alone i could not tell you the last time this number was so high. but yet the deer and elk still vanish. why is it the state opened up a special cougar season on the east side they knew and know there is a problem. why are the indians on the west dumping money in to the same program the east side had. they know there is a problem. this goes farther than a guy and his dogs running and treeing a bear or cougar and killing it. this is called game management and this state does a piss poor job at it. look at oregon highest deer and elk populations i have seen nicer bucks and longer seasons. all game management these officals are appointed by the folks who they are in bed with. until our voice is heard nothing will come of this alot may disagree and some may agree with me but i figured i stood back and listened long enough and took the first step.
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:26 pm

My friend your beating a dead horse. The FED's have better things to do than worry about hound hunters wanting there big game hunting rights back after 16 years of not having them. CA just lost theirs and WA will never have a open dog season on bear or cat. Sorry if im coming on strong but that's a fact. Don't like the rules then maby another state you should consider moving too.
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:59 pm

Unfortunately this is not something that the federal government can help you with.
Dave Johnson
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Dave Johnson » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:13 pm

Last edited by Dave Johnson on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
northwestcat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby northwestcat » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:52 am

this is the way i look at it dee powel did you sighn it or take the time? it may not make a diffrence today and yes we lost our hunting and other states as well along the way i hunt four diffrent states own a place in idaho and have more bear hunting in this state than i can handel. but it never hurts if you want to voice that feel free i even know there are bigger issues it was my way of doing something after years of listening to guys complain about no one doind something or even trying. is this state a joke yes it is are the hound clubs out there to do anything nope not that i have seen. all people do is talk why not take 5 minutes of your day and see if something can happen you never know witch is sad cause last time i checked think there was under 100 people who sighned it and i know well over 100 people who will talk about nothing happening so t=yes i know its a long shot but what can it hurt gets your voice out there
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:23 pm

just did it!
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:36 pm

NW Cat I've been working with the state and dnr and our senator on several petitions for several hound related needs we have in the state. However I will not discuss the issues proposed until I know they will be voted on.
What killed the pilot cougar program was drunken idots emailing congress and everyone under the sun and they just got feed up and said NO. The old saying is you catch bees with honey and not vinager. I will update when I have more information and yes there are a few clubs like our club "Pomeroy Houndsmen" trying to make a diffrence while others just set back a talk about the good old days.
In all that said I do respect your efforts as a houndsman trying to get hound rights back again but it will have to start at state level.
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111
Ditch Tiger
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Ditch Tiger » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

I am a little late on this subject as I am new to this site. But I have to agree with dee. I have done many hunts on the pilot programs an been to many meeting on the hound an wolf issues. I lived in ne Washington for 31 years on ranches an guided. I have spoke to senetors an f&g. Its a thing of the past as much as I hate to admit. I spoke to a game officer in December who told me they were going to band coon hunting also. Has anyone else heard of this or is it another under the table law they are going to put in? I have recently moved and am enjoying hunting all I can with my dogs if you could do the same there I never would have left. The fish an game has left you out in the cold along with the forest service. also as far as any one singing a bill remember non resedents couldn't hunt on most of the cougar draw hunts because the resedents complaind when it first started because non resident got a lot of tags we could have drawn. Good luck to you boys up there.

Return to “Washington”