Bear transmits infection to dog?

Talk about Bear Hunting
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Bear transmits infection to dog?

Postby brycejohnson » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:20 pm

Has anybody ever had a dog get sick from contact with a bear? Back in the summer, I had 2 dogs walk and bay a bear all day. The one dog came down with some sort of sickness the next week and hasn’t been right in about 6 months. He keeps getting run down, and I take him to the vet, and his white count is high. They put him on anti biotics, he gets better but never gets fully healthy in my eyes. The vets can’t exactly figure out what the cause is. I’ve been wondering if he caught something from that bear. Anybody have any experience with this?
Bryce Johnson 760-977-1414
brycejohnsonspainting@hotmail.com
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bear transmits infection to dog?

Postby Irish Jack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 pm

sorry to here about your dog. Reading your post you said that you got positive results form antibiotics. Wondering if you have kept records of the dogs Temp. in relation to how he was feeling at the time. Should be about 101.5

Also wondering if you noticed any physical issues, In particular in the nose or mouth where it may have inhaled weed seed small twig fragment up nose or possible puncture of the roof of the mouth or broken teeth.
Somewhere to look if you have not already, this reminded me of an issue I had once. Good luck.

Jack
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby not color blind » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Tick disease?
tigger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby tigger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:09 am

Had the same thing happen and my vet ended up giving me human antibiotic about the 3 time of almost getting better then a few runs and wore down again, that stronger antibiotic worked.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:40 am

perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:18 am

David not sure what MMS is but I know DMSO. AND it cured cancer in one of my hounds, had. a tumor appear in her back leg, right in the joint busted open, pitted out, was real nasty, vet was gonna amputate it, had an appointment set, started putting DMSO on it in a whim, rubbed it on with a rag every day, when time for surgery leg had started to be less swollen and healing at open sore, I canceled surgery for the time being and in 45 days her leg was regular sized, open sore healed over and hair grown back on it. Glad i didnt amputate the leg off one my better gyps, nstead if being a brood gyp she is still a valuable part of my pack, and a $15 bottle of DMSO cured it.
Other countries are using dmso alone to help cure oral cancer in humans, that was the reason I decided to try it on my gyp.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:29 am

Yes, a lot of people are using both DMSO and MMS together.

I sure wish I would have known this stuff when treating Corky, because it sounds exactly like your gyp. He’s gone. I blame it on antibiotics. It left him with nothing to fight it with.

MMS is 29% sodium chlorite. It is mixed drop for drop with an acid like citric acid. So you get a bottle of each to mix when needed.

I bought it here for $23.99 which is 4.5 Oz of each and will probably last me for years.
https://waterpureworld.com/

They have to sell it as water purification system wps.

For the spray bottle for external wounds etc. I put ten drops of each in a one ounce spray bottle, and filled up with water after the reaction was complete (a few seconds when it turns to amber).

I bought it with the citric acid, but the most recent videos are saying the hydrochloric acid is better for internal use because that is the same as the acid we produce in our stomachs to digest food. Scroll down the page a little farther and you will see the pair with hydrochloric acid.
Last edited by david on Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:31 pm

Trust me, there are state and federal medical industry lobbyists doing everything in their power to make these illegal. But the word is out all over the world, so they have a huge clean up to perform to wipe it out. (Unlike the pre-Internet days when they only had to silence a small number of people.)
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:25 pm

That dmso is good stuff I use it not only on my dogs but have used it on myself for year now for different things
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Had a friend that used DMSO on himself and came doen with a bad case of the bobble head diesese.
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Irish Jack » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:47 pm

"If you can find “Merrick” dog food it is extremely expensive because the ingredients are of such high vitality, but it can help make an old stiff dog act much younger. I used to keep a small zip lock of it when I followed dogs into the wilderness...for my own energy and nutrition; or as a dog treat if I didn’t use it for myself.ote]

Have you ever had the urge to open on track? :D

Jack
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:16 pm

I have had the urge to open loudly at times. But it could only be called barking out of place. I can’t say the Merrick improved my nose any.

It actually does seem to help old dogs who might be struggling with joint pain. So I thought it might help one with Lymes. I don’t think it made me any more limber, but it was nice to imagine that it did. I seriously think it might if I could afford a steady diet of it. But at that price it is only for special treats.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:26 pm

DMSO was invented in my hometown and was manufactured here for years until the company sold out and moved, when I was a kid EVERYONE had DMSO, my pawpaw retired from the mill that the plant was located on and had drums of it, he used it for everything, especially swelling, he’d wrap his dogs joints in ace bandages and saturate them and they’d be ready to go the next night, whenever we got a cut or anything like that he’d put it on us and it wouldn’t be long you could taste it in your mouth, I always thought DMSO was used at the paper mill and it wasn’t until I was older and traveling around discovered it wasn’t used in paper production at all and was even more shocked to see folks buying it, I’ve seen people use it for all kinds of stuff from trying to prevent cancer by ingesting a teaspoon a day to putting it on snake bites...
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby brycejohnson » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:46 am

Hey, thanks for all the replies. They sent the blood off to OSU to have it checked on a wider range of sicknesses. As far as the vet can tell with his equipment, it’s not a tick disease, (erlichia, lymes, or rockie mountain spotted fever, but maybe the lab will tell something different) vet says he’s also worm and heartworm free, and all his vitals look good. I’ll research some more on the mms and dmso.
He hasn’t had many antibiotics in the past, just one dose of a couple different kinds, so I don’t think that’s tore up his immune system yet.
Thanks for the posts.
Bryce Johnson 760-977-1414
brycejohnsonspainting@hotmail.com
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 am

Return to “Bear Hunting”