Looking for info on late season New Mexico bear hunting

Talk about Bear Hunting
brycejohnson
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Looking for info on late season New Mexico bear hunting

Postby brycejohnson » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:54 pm

Hey there!

A friend and I are thinking about making a trip to New Mexico between now and the close of season to bear hunt for a week or a couple days. But if we go, we would be going blind since we’ve never hunted the area before. We were thinking about going up north or East of Cuba, but we’d go anywhere that’s still open and there’s a good chance to get on some bears. We have a pretty good set of rig dogs, but we also have good horses and mules we could ride in anywhere so we could hunt both or either way. I’m making this post looking for someone willing to give advice or point us in the right direction. I’ve heard some people say there isn’t much feed left, most bears are hibernating already, and it’s not worth the trip this late this year. Can anyone confirm or deny or tell me what zone would be a good zone to start in?
Thanks for your help, I’ll be watching this forum but you can also call or text me,
Thanks,
Bryce
Bryce Johnson 760-977-1414
brycejohnsonspainting@hotmail.com
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Looking for info on late season New Mexico bear hunting

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:44 pm

I know down south most of the quotas are full
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Bear Huntingâ€