Postby pistol » Sun May 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Anybody on here hunt pigs on Kauai?
Walkerdirt
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Hawaii hog hunters

Postby Walkerdirt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:20 pm

I know a guy who’s got a pack out there. He took me out when I was on vacation. He hunts mostly private land. I heard the public land is tough.
pistol
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby pistol » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Yeah I was looking to maybe tag along with a guy if they had an extra seat. It would be fun to check it it out. I was over there last year and seen a few dog boxes in pickups. Usually I just walk up and talk to guys but the group I was with was always on the go so I didn’t bother bullshitty anybody cause I knew I didn’t have the time that trip. Seems to be a few guys over there. The country would be fun to go run around in. We went on a hike up to a waterfall one day and seen a few hogs and there was a couple dead ones hanging from trees. Kinda freaked the wife out haha. If all goes as planned I’m headed back there in August and this time it’s just my family so I I’ll have time to set something up. But we will have to see what goes on With this corona virus crap going on.
Walkerdirt
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Walkerdirt » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:20 am

Yeah that’s how it started with me too. I got hooked up with these guys from a friend of a friend but let me know when you go and I’ll see what I can do. They ran whippets/cur crosses and pointer/bulldog crosses. We just walked the jungle and the dogs snatched up piglets and a couple small hogs. They made quick work of them. I wish I could have seen them catch a big one. Would have been interesting with light framed RCD’s. They put the small ones they didn’t think were worth butchering in trees. Why I have no idea.

Return to “Hog Hunting”