Mules

Talk about Horses and Mules.
vaquero
Facebook ID: 0

Mules

Postby vaquero » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:09 am

Anybody know or deal with Seth Chase from western outfitting I'm looking to by a mule from him but a little nervous about buying one site un seen. Send me a pm ASAP.
Shorty
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003782841530

Re: Mules

Postby Shorty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:46 am

I'd like to make this clear right off the get go. I am not bad mouthing anyone or telling you not to buy from anyone.

I will say though, that I have sen a lot of adds for mules from western outfitters. That doesn't say good or bad to me. However, I would investigate very carefully if I were you. This may be a great deal and angreat guy/outfit. But given the number of adds I've seen from Western Outfitters, I see "horse trader" written all over this. I myself wouldn't buy sight unseen.
bency
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby bency » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:03 am

+2
wildrag

Postby wildrag » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:53 pm

image.jpg
Hi guys ,this is Seth Chase , I do sell a lot of mules. We ranch over here in eastern New Mexico, and use mainly mules. I'm also a registered New Mexico outfitter and use these mules not only in the ranching/cattle business but our family hunting business as well. We don't sell dinks or junk mules. I have many references and satisfied buyers,we stand behind our mules 100%. 940-435-5578 Western Outftters
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:24 am

I watched a really sharp little mare being sold one time and it kind of made me change my belief in buying riding stock. This mare was shown by the owner and his family. She worked cattle veryy well inside ordered out and roped well enough for most uses. Wiife kids theyy all climbed on her and put her through different actvities not a single fault. This ol boy climbed on her and it was a totally different horse. She didn't exactly blow up but threw the biggest fit I've every seen one have she humped her back threw her head between her front feet scream and grunting fit to explode. Snapping her teeth and kicking out. Refused to move wouldn't give a inch just got madder. He hopped off and the seller was not a happy man. He got on and hell it was a completely different mare instantly. I don't know whatever happened but they had her for another year or so in the local rodeos and on the ranch. I've hunted with hounda and they did great brought them home and they just tag along or run in the middle of the pack. I had one never showed much talent at all. I hunted him with some pups that were doing good and hell he cfired right off. I almost culled that dog. Untill I started hunting him in a small pack he never showed anything. I guess that's just the long way to say animals aren't. All. Machines and. You. Better make sure it suit's. You
buzz
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby buzz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:50 am

Very good advice Pegleg!
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Dan Edwards » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm

Seth,

I cant even look at a damn appy horse but for some reason I cant take my eyes off them appy mules.
twilli
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby twilli » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:44 am

I would have a 30 day trial period in the sale agreement and that should be plenty of time to see how the mule will do and what it can do. Plus it will give you time to have a vet go over the critter to make sure it is sound. If they don't want to do a trial period then they don't stand by the animal they sell.
heybearwalker
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby heybearwalker » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:41 pm

I don't know the man or his mules, but I would wary of a man who sits atop an appaloosa mule! HA! Every appy mule I ever worked with was only good for two things; bite marks on my backside, and bear bait. I hope your experience with them is somewhat better.
Shorty
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100003782841530

Postby Shorty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:37 pm

Seth,
Glad to hear that these are just using mules and not trading mules. I wasn't trying to bash anyone. As you know, a guys gotta be a little leery on the internet or you'll get burned. Hope no offense was taken on my post. When I'm ready for a good riding mule I may be calling you.
outfitter10

Postby outfitter10 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:05 pm

I realize the original post was some years ago but there may be others with the same question. From my personal experience, I would run the other way.
wntrdgfrm

Postby wntrdgfrm » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:41 am

Outfitter10 sent you a private message.
wntrdgfrm

Postby wntrdgfrm » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:44 am

I have learned that no matter who is selling the mule I recommend going to the place to try it out, so you can see what routine it is use to and also if it is a good fit.

Return to “Horse/Mule Disscussion”