Mustang Mule

Talk about Horses and Mules.
houndsandterriers
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Mustang Mule

Postby houndsandterriers » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Last edited by houndsandterriers on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you are new to hound hunting and new to this website take note.

Are they really hound men? I would bet no. I would also recommend researching any and all state laws where you live some have exemptions to give dog men a break, some don't. On the west coast them guys will hunt bobcat with a bull terrier then simply rush it into the nearest animal rights vet clinic to save there bacon when it gets hurt. That will get you locked up in some states.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Mustang Mule

Postby pegleg » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:03 am

Yes . They tend not to be my favorite. Fact is I would steer clear of one just on the description. They are usually small to small really. They have a real poor build usually real weak rear and usually pretty hammer headed. Mentally they vary but more troublesome is normal. But they surd are limber when they wanna be. Some breeds seem to cross much better then others for some reason. I am not a real mule expert but have run into enough scrub mules to weigh in on this particular cross. If your heart I'd set on trying it I would sure try and use a northern mustang with as much draft blood as you can get. There's a guy down the road from me that got one and was sure it was perfect. But its spent more time out or at the mule trainers then stanying home and to my knowledge he's only ridden it a dozen times. Granted she's a extreme case but close enough to the rest.
slowandeasy
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby slowandeasy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:35 pm

H&T

Now your messin with the right critter. Jump right in and straighten out them mules!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Have fun!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Take care, Willie
Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:04 am

I am no expert but have owned mules for 25 years. I had a jack and bred mules for 10 years. Here's my opinion just like dogs it is all up to the individual. There are good mules and they are bad mules. My jack was a 13.2 hands most of the big jacks around here did not have the conformation for me. I bred all types of mares from BLM to warm bloods. I did not like 1\4 horse mules because of the slow gait, their disposition was great. I like apply mules or thoroughbred mules, you have to have the right mind on them or they can be a handful. I bred a 14.1 mustang mare to my little jack, I named the mule Badger and it fit. Sold him to a good mule man that loves him. Small and fast, tough as nails but not for everyone. Dewey
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:57 pm

out of curiosity how big of mule did this badger turn out to be? i've always thought that often one of the reasons smaller mules turn sour is because while mules may be tougher then horses people tend to push this to far and over work these smaller mules to the point they start souring. it sure seems to be something to watch for on the little mexican mules we see and probably has a bit to do with too much range time and too fast a period of training with a do or die theory. but it sure turns out some real ornery mules every so often that have figured out and mastered every trick they can. some of them are also the best reining mules i've seen so i guess if you sort through it like everything else it works out.

Return to “Horse/Mule Disscussion”