NUBGHA AUG UKC & OPEN EVENT IS CANCELED

Dutch
Facebook ID: 0

NUBGHA AUG UKC & OPEN EVENT IS CANCELED

Postby Dutch » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 pm

NUBGHA Aug. Events Canceled
NUBGHA Aug. events have been canceled. We are unable to use the property and we could not find a place close enough to be able to have these events. UKC has been notified and understand our problem. Hope next year will be a better year. We a trying to put together another bear drag benefit and maybe a jackpot tree contest. Will let you know what is going on. Thanks to everyone that came out and supported us this year. Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks again and happy hunting
Hoss Hunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: NUBGHA AUG UKC & OPEN EVENT IS CANCELED

Postby Hoss Hunter » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:32 am

this sucks i was really looking forward to another field UKC trial this year and a great water race
Cosmo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Cosmo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:09 am

This does suck. Just curious if there was a way to hold UKC field trials, how many people would be interested? I would love to get one going somewhere but dont know if it would even be worth it to try if there isnt enough houndsman that will come out and support it. If i could get enough support lets do it! Ill find some place to hold atleast the field trials, just might be hard to find some place for a night hunt. Any suggestions please let me know, because i really enjoy the field trials and would hate to see them end. Not to mention if this one isnt held then that means no more UKC events for the state. WHICH would suck. So Lets get together as houndsmen for once and support our sport.
Bearkiller
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bearkiller » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:49 pm

I think the hangup is the UKC not the sport. I was told they sent out 200 fliers to the UBBGHA field trial/water race that was this last weekend and alot of people didn't get one. There were alot of dogs and people. Most people just want to go have fun and not deal with the BS that SOME of the ukc events bring. That and alot of people run grade dogs.
Don't buy the hype.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Cosmo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Cosmo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:49 am

Yeah, i can see that as a problem. I just would like to have both to attract more houndsmen. All i want to do is have fun and the main thing i like about the field trials is it is something i can get my family involved in. Whatever the case UKC or not lets try and hold a field trial in August when the bear hunt is done and nothing else to do.
Bearkiller
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bearkiller » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:45 pm

I'm not sure but just counting up heats and the number of dogs per heat I think they had at least 130 dogs entered in the field trials this last weekend here in Vernal. I don't think there were many out of town people either. The vast majority were from the Basin. These were held on public land so you could do one over here without alot of problems I think. I would be willing to help out with the logistics but I didn't have anything to do with puting this event on. Other than they got some of my money. :D The coon hunt would be the hard part since the field trial grounds are a ways out of town. It would probably need to be before the deer hunt since the area is a very popular limited entry deer area and we wouldn't want to have issues with deer hunters. You could also maybe think about doing one over by duchesne or roosevelt to keep it closer. There is alot of public land over there. I thought the lower stillwater ponds by rock creek looked like it would be good for a water race. Not sure what the USFS requirements would be though. That area would be better for the coon hunt also.
Don't buy the hype.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Cosmo
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Cosmo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:22 pm

That is a good turn out. Well lets figure out a place between salt lake and vernal? Maybe strawberry area? then we can get some of the houndsman from this way to come as well as utah county and possibly some of the price houndsmen. August 13 would be great, because no deer hunt plus the bear hunt will be over by then so the bear hunters will show up as well. Not to mention no other clubs to compete with since the NUBGHA has cancelled there event. We could even try to just hold field trials and a couple other events and just do it on a saturday? Would anybody else be interested?
Treedog/Boone
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Treedog/Boone » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Just a heads up even though the event is canceled for August its still got printed in Cooonhound Bloodlines and its on the UKC website.

Letting you know so theres no confusion of people showing up on that date with no one there.
4-LEAF Kennels
Greg Cover
801-652-2997
Dutch
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Dutch » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:50 pm

AUGUST EVENTS ARE CANCELED FOR UKC AND OPEN

Events in Heber City, Utah have been cancelled UKC has been notified. We tryed stop it from being posted in Coonhound Blood Lines but it was to late. Please disregard any information UKC or anyone else has on these events.

Thanks for your support this year.

Northern Utah Big Game Hound Association
Hoss Hunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Hoss Hunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:37 am

hey DUTCH if you talk to steve will you have him call me (nevada )

Return to “Utah”