Idaho UKC copetition coon hunts

Idaho Bison
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Idaho UKC copetition coon hunts

Postby Idaho Bison » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 am

It is still in discussion on how to go about it. It sounds like its between a permit system for events or removing racoons from hound hunting permits.
Kenneth Streeter
Idaho Bison Co.
208-816-4245
www.idahobison.com
cjohnson1178
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby cjohnson1178 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Hey Ken, its Chris. Is that you who has been trying to call me. Sorry, I havn't got back to ya.

Why would we remove coons from the hound hunting permit. Seems like that would open a flood gate of hunters and dogs into the state. And that will bring alot of problems and confusion. Lets just keep it the way it is and go with a field trial permit for non residents. Its simple, it wont mess up our seasons or rules, and it wont cause any confusion. Coons need to be on the hound hunter permit so there is no confusion as to what non-resident hound hunters can and can't do in Idaho. We need a field trial permit available to non-residents and good only for field trials/nite hunts. F&G could sell a cheap 2 day permit to non residents. These permits are sold and good only for and on the date of an approved competition, and thats it.
timothy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby timothy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:43 pm

I think coons are prety abundent in most states, the odds of hunters "flooding" into Idaho to hunt coon is pretty far fetched.
cjohnson1178
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby cjohnson1178 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Our season never closes. Most of our neighboring states do not have that luxury. In fact many states around here have very limited hound hunting. So we need to protect that, even if it means limiting the number of non-residents we let in. Your right I dont think people will flood to Idaho to hunt coon, but why open the door for that to even be possible. Keep it simple, offer a field trial permit. No need to go rewriting the whole rule book.

If our neighboring states want to enjoy the same abundant hound hunting opportunities we enjoy here in Idaho they need to change their laws not ours.
timothy
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby timothy » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:46 pm

I see.
Idaho Bison
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Idaho Bison » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:02 pm

I think there will be quite a few summer time hunters from Oregon and Washington.
Kenneth Streeter

Idaho Bison Co.

208-816-4245

www.idahobison.com
DEE POWELL
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby DEE POWELL » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:08 am

Glad to hear we now have comp. hunts starting in Idaho. I want to thank those who worked hard to make this possible and hope everyone will support the new club.
Let me know when the 1st hunt is as we houndsmen from WA are ready to start the 1st ever UKC club in Idaho.
Thank you all for voting for this to happen in a very timely manner.
HOME OF DEE'S ENGLISH KENNEL
DEE POWELL*****OWNER******
WENATCHEE, WA
509-393-5111

Return to “Idaho”