SW of Ajo Arizona

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

SW of Ajo Arizona

Postby Cowboyvon » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:33 pm

What is it like down there west and south of Ajo Arizona ?
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: SW of Ajo Arizona

Postby tman308 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:46 am

Brett,
That country is a lot like the bootheel of New Mexico greasewood lot of cholla Rough Rocky country
Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:11 pm

There's some MTN ranges but not very big. Cholla is real common along with other cacti. In my experience it's drier and less non succulent vegetation. The soil is real sandy in areas and gets hot quick. There's also not a great deal of area to hunt the illegal traffic is high and it's probably better to hunt with a local who has access and understands some of the local dynamics. You could use motorized transport more easily there then some areas of AZ. But ive honestly only been in there a few times during winter months years ago. There are lions but I wouldn't be putting alot of time into hunting it just for fun. Pack water and pliers
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:16 pm

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:30 am

Well it might be possible. Just nothing I've seen. There's the Barry m Goldwater range and the reservation organ pipe national and some ranches in there but like I said it's rather restricted. If the pictures are during the rains that country does lush up incredibly but it's mostly desert flowers Palo Verde blooms and cactus and I'm sure you'd recognize that. There are some small riparian areas or cienegas in there but once the bloom fades it's back to sand rock and spines.
Maybe he is south east of ajo aways? There are some better areas there. Maybe we are just ass backwards ourselves. But even Sonora south of ajo is pretty much a sand desert hell hole until you get further east closer to nogales area.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:47 pm

lol I screwed up it is SE of Ajo .. sorry I was lost lol

Henry David Thoreau
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:48 pm

I'm pretty sure now he is in Mexico ..

Henry David Thoreau
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm

Henry David Thoreau
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:26 am

There are more reasonable areas se of ajo. And in Sonora there's plenty of localized areas with good hunting. Your link didn't work .
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:43 pm

Henry David Thoreau

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogs”