What kinda of dog food ?

Talk about Big Game Hunting with Dogs
Maxima alba venandi
Facebook ID: 0

What kinda of dog food ?

Postby Maxima alba venandi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:20 pm

I've been feeding taste of the wild high prairie and I've always had really good results but it recently went up in price to over 50$ a bag I believe they are 35lb bags and now that I have 4 adult dogs and a puppy on the way it's time to find somthing a little more economical. So I'm just seeing what other people are having good luck with, I got one little female bluetick that I have a hard time keeping weight on especially in the winter when I'm running them hard.
Henefer-hound-hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: What kinda of dog food ?

Postby Henefer-hound-hunter » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:02 pm

I have tried just about everything, and my favorite and what I have stuck with is the Showtime 27/20 it keeps weight on the skinny dogs through the cold(I live in northern Utah where it’s in the negatives often) and heavy hunting, and keeps their coats nice and shiny!
I was getting it for $25 for a 50lb bag it just jumped up to $30.50 for a 50lb bag but in my opinion that’s still cheap for the quality of dog food it is.

Cameron Adams
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:42 pm

I’m feeding Diamond high energy to most of my dogs. I have one that has grain allergies, so she’s getting sport mix chicken flavored caninex.
They’re fat and healthy. They don’t have dry, flakey skin and don’t itch all the time.
bowieknife50
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bowieknife50 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Used to use diamond high energy and it was ok but got some dull and flaky hair coats in some of the dogs. Switched to Purina pro plan and it's significantly better. Better hair coat, no flakes, puts weight on fast. It is very pricey though. I'm actually now transitioning my B squad dogs and the house dog back to diamond to save some money.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
Cwsharer

Postby Cwsharer » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 pm

Diamond beef and rice after the sport mix recall stuff. Tractor supply has free shipping it’s a good deal
Maxima alba venandi

Postby Maxima alba venandi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking at going with black gold maintenance for the off season its about 53$ for 50lbs on chewy and diamond natural extreme athlete for hunting season about 40$ for 40lbs see how it goes but it will save me a lot of money compared to taste of the wild at 53$ for 28lbs.
Jwmhounds1986

Postby Jwmhounds1986 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:17 pm

I’ve tried a lot of foods high dollar low dollar and I feed my dogs wholesomes from tractor supply
cur man

Postby cur man » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:24 pm

I switched from Pro Plan 30x20 to Black Gold (black bag)and had to feed 1/2 cup less. Dogs do just as well as for stamina, coat and stools.

Return to “Big Game Hunting With Dogsâ€