It's been awhile

Talk about Coon Hunting
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

It's been awhile

Postby youngduke » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:55 pm

So I'm gonna start this off by saying it's been at least 5 years since I have had the dogs out in any way. A few nights ago I went out to check in the hounds and noticed my 7 year old male walker snapped his chain and I also noticed the other 4 hounds we're at the end on the dog yard acting like the hunt was on. I never expected his to have anything treed since it's been so long but the further up the valley I got the more confident the bark sounded as I finally got close to the tree I shined the top and sure as shit my old boy had a family of Coons treed. Started the hike off thinking I lost a dog out ended on a great note with a few Coons up the tree. Didn't shoot them out just grabbed the dog and headed out. Just thought it was kinda cool that he is still so on point for being so many years, made me realize how much I miss it and how I need to get the rest of the pack going! thanks for reading!
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: It's been awhile

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 am

Good luck and happy hunting! Get them dogs in the woods man
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:28 am

Thank you! And I plan on it. I was organizing today and the dogs saw me moving the live traps to a new spot in the shed and they went absolutely nuts so I'm glad they still have that drive to hunt after all this time!
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:52 am

Was it work family or both I know I took a break during my Marine Corps Career after my Old Dog died and my kids were little.
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Well it's both in a way. Last year my wife and I had a daughter and then we just found out we are having another one the end of August. I kind of just want to get going again so I can show my children what its all about and that you can have good honest fun without breaking the law haha but if I get off early enough I'm going to work my oldest dog today!
VARMIT HUNTER
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby VARMIT HUNTER » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Congrats and Good luck and GOD BLESS
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 am

Thank you! And same to you!