!!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog: Part 2.0 !!!

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Leapordcur1
Facebook ID: 0

Re: !!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog: Part 2.0 !!!

Postby Leapordcur1 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:53 pm

Some of you are special kind of stupid. Yet to see anyone but The Ultimate Dan refer to dogs as Ultimate. When self gloss and talk shit.delusional.shit there's questions coming.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:44 am

Yes pics and video can sure be misleading and also talk can be. There must be someone else besides Dan that has seen his dogs work on bobcat or has hunted these dogs but yet only a few are always coming to his defense. Thinking outside the box is fine but anyone that thinks breedings like this haven't been tried before sure isn't thinking outside the box either. Some things just need to be put into perspective every once in awhile.
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:47 am

Dan I am not sure whom Mule was talking about. However, suspect he was talking about both you & I. Just thought anyone advertising pups as ubds would at least be willing to show the parents are hunted & can tree bobcats. Good luck with this cross, but do you realize how many crosses have been made with high expectations that have been huge disappointments? I do not mean to disrespect you or your dogs. I have just experienced lots of dogs that never made bobcat dogs in different breeds whats why I refuse to waste two years on pups that I know nothing about the linage behind them. However, anyone who tries one of these pups, wish them good luck. Al
rockytrails
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby rockytrails » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am

The real problem in this thread is obviously the name. Just to help folks out, Dan isn't at his personal goal. If you look at his prior posts (1, 1.5) and now 2, you should be able too conclude this is open ended. Next will be 2.5, this could end at 30.5 or longer. I think he probably has a goal around 10, but wiuld prefer sooner. Who knows when he will succeed or just quit. It is ridiculous to require him to be politically correct and have to change the name of his goals. Political correctness is designed to shut people up. Why?? Grow up and deal with it, please.

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:06 am

This is not pointed at anybody or screen name or specific post in general, but instead of somebody asking f for pics all the time for justification, especially with the technology they have now a days to manipulate photography and videography and being negative Nancy’s constantly, why doesn’t someone who is so skeptical of what Dan is doing ask if they can come see some of his dogs in action and let the actual hides speak for themselves if they can do what Dan describes them to be able to do, and to be fully convinced one way or the other, invite Dan to come hunt with you in your area or at least try to take one or two of his dogs back to your hunting area and be honest with your self and give the dog an honest to goodness fair chance, then and only then does anybody have the right to pass any sort of judgment, we all have the right to believe, think, or assume whatever we want, we as a society, young and older, are quick to criticize, and call bull on something we’ve never seen firsthand for ourselves just because it’s something different from our own ways of thinking or doing things, especially if it’s something we’ve read on a computer screen by someone we more than likely don’t know, aside from all the post of repetitive criticism throughout this whole thing, there’s quite a bit of good and useful information that he’s brought here and shared that we all can benefit from in our breeding programs if we choose to do further research on it to better understand it, or if there’s ever a newcomer to this site or someone wanting to broaden their knowledge on dogs and breeding, I don’t think Dan is trying to change the way things are done or claiming to be creating anything superior to another mans ways of doing things, I could be wrong but from what I’ve read all he claims is that he’s is trying to create a dog that can catch a cat quicker than the dogs he has had or has, will it work, will he reach his final goal, heck who knows, at least he’s giving it a shot in the first place and packs an even bigger set of brass for actually discussing it on here in the first place and then taking the criticism he has from fellow hounds men and continues to share his actual results, the good and bad, look at the knowledge he has gained about dogs and dog breeding in general from attempting this project even if he decides to scrap it tomorrow, I must admit I was one of his skeptics and even a critic at one point until I realized what he was doing, the word “Ultimate” can be misleading if your looking at in a defensive manner as most of us are on here as dog breeders our selves, I mean whose this guy think he is saying he is breeding an “Ultimate” dog, what’s he believe he’s the “Ultimate” breeder or something, when I finally understood what he was doing I understood “Ultimate” was only a name in a title that he came up with, I have something similar in regards to breeding a dog that suits me consistently starting from scratch with different ingredients I’ve been working on myself for a different game and purpose and can respect him for giving it a shot and at least attempting to look ahead of the curve, and trying to create something from nothing and then doing it on a consistent basis, especially a type of something that has never been heard of, gee golly, I wonder what ole Lester Nance thought when he walked into see a running walker looking up treeing game for the very first time, imagine what fox hunters of the time thought about the idea of a man breeding walkers that treed, I’m willing to bet there’s a whole bunch of us alive today that are thankful that there was once a man who saw the potential of another and new never before heard of way of catching game with dogs and saw his idea through despite the criticism, none of us have to believe that he will reach a final product that he’s satisfied with, or that it can be done consistently, in a world full of negativity, and especially as much heat we have on us from outside our own brotherhood there’s no need to bash one another just because our ways our different, if you feel that wholeheartedly that someone is full of sh!t, don’t talk about it, be about it and go see for yourself before you go bashing him on the internet at least that way you can do it to his face lol, again for those of you who took the time to read this none of this was directed at any one person or individual but a summary of this entire thing from part 1 until now, Dan keep sharing with us the stuff you’ve learned about breeding dogs throughout your journey with these dogs and project,there are some of us who appreciate what you share....
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Goose » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 am

This is not pointed at anybody or screen name or specific post in general, but instead of somebody asking f for pics all the time for justification, especially with the technology they have now a days to manipulate photography and videography and being negative Nancy’s constantly, why doesn’t someone who is so skeptical of what Dan is doing ask if they can come see some of his dogs in action and let the actual hides speak for themselves if they can do what Dan describes them to be able to do, and to be fully convinced one way or the other, invite Dan to come hunt with you in your area or at least try to take one or two of his dogs back to your hunting area and be honest with your self and give the dog an honest to goodness fair chance, then and only then does anybody have the right to pass any sort of judgment, we all have the right to believe, think, or assume whatever we want, we as a society, young and older, are quick to criticize, and call bull on something we’ve never seen firsthand for ourselves just because it’s something different from our own ways of thinking or doing things, especially if it’s something we’ve read on a computer screen by someone we more than likely don’t know, aside from all the post of repetitive criticism throughout this whole thing, there’s quite a bit of good and useful information that he’s brought here and shared that we all can benefit from in our breeding programs if we choose to do further research on it to better understand it, or if there’s ever a newcomer to this site or someone wanting to broaden their knowledge on dogs and breeding, I don’t think Dan is trying to change the way things are done or claiming to be creating anything superior to another mans ways of doing things, I could be wrong but from what I’ve read all he claims is that he’s is trying to create a dog that can catch a cat quicker than the dogs he has had or has, will it work, will he reach his final goal, heck who knows, at least he’s giving it a shot in the first place and packs an even bigger set of brass for actually discussing it on here in the first place and then taking the criticism he has from fellow hounds men and continues to share his actual results, the good and bad, look at the knowledge he has gained about dogs and dog breeding in general from attempting this project even if he decides to scrap it tomorrow, I must admit I was one of his skeptics and even a critic at one point until I realized what he was doing, the word “Ultimate” can be misleading if your looking at in a defensive manner as most of us are on here as dog breeders our selves, I mean whose this guy think he is saying he is breeding an “Ultimate” dog, what’s he believe he’s the “Ultimate” breeder or something, when I finally understood what he was doing I understood “Ultimate” was only a name in a title that he came up with, I have something similar in regards to breeding a dog that suits me consistently starting from scratch with different ingredients I’ve been working on myself for a different game and purpose and can respect him for giving it a shot and at least attempting to look ahead of the curve, and trying to create something from nothing and then doing it on a consistent basis, especially a type of something that has never been heard of, gee golly, I wonder what ole Lester Nance thought when he walked into see a running walker looking up treeing game for the very first time, imagine what fox hunters of the time thought about the idea of a man breeding walkers that treed, I’m willing to bet there’s a whole bunch of us alive today that are thankful that there was once a man who saw the potential of another and new never before heard of way of catching game with dogs and saw his idea through despite the criticism, none of us have to believe that he will reach a final product that he’s satisfied with, or that it can be done consistently, in a world full of negativity, and especially as much heat we have on us from outside our own brotherhood there’s no need to bash one another just because our ways our different, if you feel that wholeheartedly that someone is full of sh!t, don’t talk about it, be about it and go see for yourself before you go bashing him on the internet at least that way you can do it to his face lol, again for those of you who took the time to read this none of this was directed at any one person or individual but a summary of this entire thing from part 1 until now, Dan keep sharing with us the stuff you’ve learned about breeding dogs throughout your journey with these dogs and project,there are some of us who appreciate what you share....
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Goose gets it. :)

It should really read: Journey to the Ultimate Bobcat Dog.
I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:02 am

Here's an offer to Dan you are more than welcome come for a few days out here cats aren't really plentiful, hunting is cold and snowy with cold temps but cats.are caught often. Alot of cold trailing and dogs must be able to locate and tree for some time before getting to them. It's won't cost you a dime once you get here. Would sure like to see these dogs go buy them selfselves. Ever other day will switch dogs mine one day yours the next. Last day we can run a couple dogs of each others together and see how they do. All hunting will be on private land with know worry of wolves? Andy
rockytrails
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby rockytrails » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:28 am

Is it legal now for non resident to pursue bobcat in Montana? I could only find resident training license.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Andy, we'll be doing a tour of CO, WY and MT. If at all possible, I would like to come hunt with you. The only thing I would like to add is at some point, I'd like to do some heads up match races, same cat, two dogs and go. I hope to make it out there this year but we'll be moving out West so we'll be a lot closer soon. Thanks for the invite.
I am.

Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:01 pm

twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby twist » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:03 am

Keep me up dated I'm sure up for you to come along anytime. Andy
bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearsnva » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:34 am

AH HA! The plot thickens.!!!!
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Bearsnva- Do you live in NV? Can outsiders run there as long as they are with a resident? My in-laws live there and I don't fly, but that's a perfect excuse to load the truck. It's our turn to visit them and we'll be going out there in the next year. I can't really get out of that one so I intend to make it fun...if I can. I've had several dogs go out your way and walk through a pack of cold nosed desert bred hounds and scoot out of there with the track at a good clip. I'd like to test that scenario out for myself and see if it's just a one-off. I've heard the story several times but it's my suspicion that it's just not that common for that to happen. Won't know until I go though.
I am.

bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearsnva » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 am

Dan, PM sent

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”