!!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog: Part 2.0 !!!

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Goose
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: !!! The Ultimate Bobcat Dog: Part 2.0 !!!

Postby Goose » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:36 am

Leapordcur1

Postby Leapordcur1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:40 pm

You'all need to meet up with one nother at men's rest stop bathroom at midnight have your little sleepover. Old David getting lonely wants to come sleepover to strange mans house. Bin awhile since mavervick and goose was around. :lol: :lol: :lol:
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Last edited by david on Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:49 am

I think this cur dog guy is the result of two box cars slamming together and a hobo shits
Mondomutruner

Postby Mondomutruner » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Hey, hey, hey Mark. I take offence to that. As a hobo, you couldn't pay me enough to shit out a kur…….
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Irish Jack » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:37 am

Last edited by Irish Jack on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:51 am

These things do take funny turns. I agree with a ot of the things that Goose wrote. I've really been studying quit a bit of anthropology over the last decade and I see how the human race was laid out. It was developed in stages by our creator. First came the blacks, then the browns and later the whites. Noah was the first "white" man according to the old texts and it was a little scary to those around him at first, but where would we be without Noah?

In that lineage of developement, little things were added to the previous models to come up with the latest version of human kind. One of the final markers that, according to the old texts, pleased the creator, was the traits of compasion and empathy. These were not normally present in the older models. The lack of these traits can also closely parallel the average IQ in a subspecies of humankind. This is a well documented fact...in fact.

It is quite possible that Lep1 does not have the upgrade. It is also possible that he belongs to a subspecies of humankind that is very smart but has a devious and polluted nature. Most can guess what those people are commonly called today. I don't like even writing their people's name because "they" own all of the media outlets, most of the poloticians and the banks, etc., etc.

Those people are particularly familiar to most folks around the world and have been kicked out of many different countries, many different times. Maybe out Lep1 is the offspring of one of those people.

This is my attempt at rationalizing irrational behavior. Even if I don't really know why he does it, I'd like to at least know what his pedigree reads like...same as any dog. It's all there in the genes.
I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:16 am

While I'm here, I might as well give an update while I'm at it.

So, for the first time in 20 years I'm the proud owner of 6 adult dogs. I think that I chose right, but I'm still very nervous about that number. Assuming none die accidentaly, I should be right with the breeding gods.

As for hounds, this is where I've taken my biggest leap of faith. I can no long produce a registerable Jug x Susie bred Leopard (See what I did there?). These are the hounds that I have caught many cats with. These are the dogs that do it well in the traditional way...my safety net, so to speak.

I can produce an unregisterable Jug x Susie dog, but not without some running dog in the mix. I'm alright with that though. I love the Leopard breed but there's no where left to go inside of the breed and I'm not sganding still. There are improvements to be made and I'm making them, if only for myself.

One the lurcher side of things, I met up with a friend about half way to Las Vegas (never want to go there) and swapped a female BC for a male BC, because that's what I'll need for making next year's lurcher pups. I think I knocked it out of the park but the one I got in that trade is only one year old, so we'll see.

The temps. have come down here East of Phoenix and I'm starting to get my dogs used to cactus and all of the new smells. It going a little rough on that front but thank god for neddle nosed pliers.

One of the things that I decided before I left WI was that I was not going to deal with retraining a bunch of old dogs. I left nearly every older dog I owned back in WI and came here with mostly yearlings. I trained young dogs full time for over a decade so I'm not worries about having a whole pack of nitwits. In fact, I think it will be to my benifit...in the longrun. Maybe I will regret it, but not so far.

I have Tommy (Lurcher) heading my pack. He's not going to be of much help cold trailing, but he'll catch most of my training critters as I break these young ones in on hot races and cage releases.

I have Darky (Lep x July) and Rachel III to do the heavy lifting when it comes to coldtrailing. They don't seem to know they aren't good at it yet and I'm not going to tell them.

I have Luna (Stag) for making more lurchers mostly, but she's a speed demon and could be handy in between having litters.

I have Ole the Magnificent (UBD) and he just turned 1 year old. He is smart and willing and obedient and has most of what I had hoped to create in that cross.

I have one new BC named Grit (only had him 2 days now). He looks very capable but we'll see.

That's my whole team now. If nothing bad happens, I should be able to pull this thing off. Stay tuned while I get my bearings in this new land.
Last edited by Dan McDonough on Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 am

Dan, the only thing I see that might work down here is Lep.- July. Trying to run a cat down and catch him on the ground in The Southeast with anything other than a running walker pack is like trying to stick a round peg in a square hole.
Leapordcur1

Postby Leapordcur1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:16 pm

Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Tanner Peyton » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:22 am

merlo_105
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby merlo_105 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:30 am

Dan, You a Crazy Man. Hope its panning out for you. Been a interesting read from the beginning. Not my cup of tea on dog choices but I'm still here seeing how this plays out.

Leapordcur1, You a funny guy and still probably a Virgin, it will happen someday. In the meantime keep the lube companies in business.
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Irish Jack » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:57 am

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”