Hearing problem

General DiscussionForum
floridacathunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000875297200

Hearing problem

Postby floridacathunter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Modern electronics are sensational! They enable me to stay as close as possible to my hounds. But, I still have problems hearing them at times. I have a modern set of hearing aids, they are a help, but don't always solve my problem. Wondered if anyone has had any experience with "hearing amplifiers". Ads are always flavorful. Don't mind spending money for results. Please share your experiences. Thanks
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Hearing problem

Postby macedonia mule man » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:45 pm

floridacat, I have the same problem. The only thing that helps for me is to stay closer to the race if possible. If they get in an area that I can’t stay up close (believe it or not) get you a plastic tractor funnel and cut the spout out.hold it over your ear and it channels the sound right on in. I don’t use it unless I’m by myself because you get some unfavorable comments. But it work
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: RE: Re: Hearing problem

Postby lawdawgharris » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:32 am

[ I don’t use it unless I’m by myself because you get some unfavorable comments. But it work[/quote]

Now that was funny I'm betting completely honest, lol. He put it out there for Floridacat. You gotta at least try it cause he's gonna catch it now even if his buddies don't see it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:24 pm

If you can’t find a plastic funnel,a palmetto leaf rolled up into a megaphone works pretty well. Real old timers use to use their blowing horns for hearing as well as calling dogs. It works.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:05 pm

Turn the volume up...... more dogs :)
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby scrubrunner » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:08 am

John, an old man I used to fox hunt with had one of the regular galvanized fuel funnels, he had the end reduced down with a piece brazed on to it so it fit in the ear. Also had the piece brazed on at an angle so you could put it up to your ear with the funnel facing slightly to where you are facing.
Mark, the last good race when I went with Floridacathunter, 3 of us teamed up, I think we had a total of 19 head, hard to turn the volume up much more than that! haha It was a good one!
lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 am

One of my buddies bought the walker game ear and says it made a huge difference for him. He hasn't tried the funnel or the rolled up leaf but his ears are pretty big. I mean he has to tie them to his head in high winds so that's kinda like a funnel.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk
macedonia mule man
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby macedonia mule man » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:39 am

It doesn’t take much to improve the distance that a sound can be amplified. Climb on top of your dog box cup your hands behind your ears and see the difference. Put just a little forward push on the backside of the ear with each hand seems to open the ear canal a little.

Return to “General Forum”