Fox Hunting... good predator call/ tips?

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
Kana
Facebook ID: 0

Fox Hunting... good predator call/ tips?

Postby Kana » Tue May 12, 2020 5:41 am

Looking for some tips on calling foxes want to take a bad credit loan from this site https://maybeloan.com/bad-credit-loans for it. I've never done any predator hunting and was hoping to get into it... I would like to go out with someone who knows how and learn a couple tricks. Are there any tips? what is a good basic caller for under thirty bucks? Im not trying to go the electronis route... Furthermore, I just got a browning t bolt 22 lr is that enough lead for a fox? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have a spot that there are always fox. However, I can never get them to stay around long enough for a shot... thanks
Last edited by Kana on Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Fox Hunting... good predator call/ tips?

Postby Mike Leonard » Tue May 12, 2020 11:25 am

Although I have been calling predators for nearly 50 years I do not consider myself an expert. I am a hand caller and don't use mechanical calls however I have hunted successfully with them with others, I just like that challenge of a good hand call.

That being said on this forum we are lucky to have a real expert in Gary Roberson owner of Burnham Brothers Game calls, and the Carnivore TV.

Go to his web-site and explore, they can suggest a perfect call for your fox hunting be it red or gray fox. they give you suggesting on setting up your stand, and your presentation. Also using a 22LR is a challenge but I have taken many fox out to 75 yards with good high velocity hollow point ammunition. Fox can be sneaky but they are not all that tough.

Good luck and have fun, it is a fantastic way to enjoy the outdoors and learn more about the nature of the animals you observe.
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............

Return to “Fox Hunting”