Bear leading dogs to porky pine

Talk about Bear Hunting
Bear hounder
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Bear leading dogs to porky pine

Postby Bear hounder » Tue May 21, 2019 8:57 am

I might sound crazy but this bear I ran the other day took 4 hounds to 2 different porky pines over 4 or 5 mile chase any body else ever have this problem I know it sounds crazy but I'm convinced it happend to me I saw the bear leave the second tree as I was getting close to the tree and there was a porky pine in the tree I just could not believe my eye's

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Bear leading dogs to porky pine

Postby Irish Jack » Tue May 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Did you get a good look at the Bear?
Bear hounder
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Bear hounder » Thu May 23, 2019 1:13 am

Lol.yes thanks

Bear hounder
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Bear hounder » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:57 am

Well it happened again the dogs started a bear track we packed it then after about 5km the dogs were showing treed so it happens we were able to drive right to the dogs within a matter of minutes we stopped about 300 yards shy of the tree and walked the 4 wheeler trail the rest of the way we are getting close and I can see the hounds barking into a hollow spot under a big rock and then I got my eyes on my junior dog and he was the first dog to the tree buy about 200 yards ahead of the second dog there he was covered in porky pine quiles I could not believe my eyes I started tieing up hounds as fast as I could saying bad dogs in a loud voice putting leads on dogs and passing them out to another friend that was with me he then would tie them back as I grabbed the last to dogs one being junior the bear poped his head out for a look so I quickly let go of the dogs and started saying good boys good boys funny how things change sometimes lol there is no questions in my mined any more do bears lead a pack of hounds on purpose yes they do that I know for sure now the question is why do they do it

dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtdodge » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:50 am

Do you think it was the same bear? It could have figured out a way to lose the dogs and now uses it all the time... animals are smart at survival.

I have a hard time letting a deer go that have the tendency of looking up all the time. They teach the fawns to walk around and look up too... not that good for the tree stand hunter...
dwalton
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby dwalton » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:13 am

I would think you have a porky pine problem ? Dewey
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby driftwood blue » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:40 am

dwalton wrote:I would think you have a porky pine problem ? Dewey

That for sure. need to break them off porkies and another thing those dogs could be a bit prone to switching tracks for them.
oneguy828
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oneguy828 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Are these bears baying or just runnin? I would suspect you have a dog or two that like porkys but when they got a bear caught and it sounds good they show back up. My two cents, but I don’t ever give the dog the benefit of the doubt.

Return to “Bear Hunting”