Facebook ID: 0

Re: One Year Old Beagle Runs Coyote

Postby shotcoy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:33 pm

halfbreed
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby halfbreed » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 pm

dang that's pretty good , but I don't know how many beagles I had get jumped by the yotes when out rabbit hunting . I guess it's the difference in the yotes being dogged regularly verses yotes that aren't dog shy from hunting pressure . nobody hardly get's to turn loose hounds here in my part of texas anymore . when we have yote problems we have to just go out and sit and call them up and shoot them . hell I have them circleing the property here[ 3 acres ] with about 20 curs and hounds raising hell lol I need to get out and start calling and thinning them down . I had to put a bunch of curs out on chains around the perimeter just to keep them off my chickens .
hattak at ofi pisa
HighlandHounds
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby HighlandHounds » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:51 pm

blackpaws
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby blackpaws » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:51 am

this sounds like a blast. if i were able to hunt more in the winter i would hunt coyotes with beagles. when i do get to go, i use hunting in the winter as a way to work on cold trailing with my bear dogs. i like a bear dog that can grub out a real cold trail and i believe that cold trailing a coyote or bobcat teaches them to trail.

in my experience with coyote hunting, the coyote will only run as fast as he is being pushed. i have noticed with slower tree hounds, the coyote will usually be right in front of them and the same with faster tree hounds or running dogs. the advantage for the running dogs is their awesome stamina. with the beagles, i am sure it sounds exactly like a bigger tree hound race but just at a slower pace and i will bet 90% of the time the coyote is right in front of them somewhere which equals gun shots and dead critters.

Return to “Coyote Hunting”