Running walker/bluetick team ??

A place to talk about coyote Hunting with dogs
Stormymichael
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Running walker/bluetick team ??

Postby Stormymichael » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:51 am

Recently purchased a 4 year old running walker. Was told if I put him on a track he will take it jump mr yote and the chase is on. Wich he did in a pen! My 2year old bluetick seems to hate coyotes with a furious passion (in the pen) but only chases after another dog gets em jumped. Any thoughts?...... Took em both out the other day and free casted they chased what I think was a yote and lost it at a big creek. Some snow would realy help. What do ya all think bout runner a running walker with a athletic style bluetick on yotes?
johns03272008

Re: Running walker/bluetick team ??

Postby johns03272008 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:16 pm

I know I wish I could find a bluetick coyote hound, I have always loved blueticks but everything I have seen doesn't have the speed to stay with my coyote hounds even if they are athletic. There is a black n tan coon dog that hates coyotes in our group and he is pretty good so just let them run them and see what happens.
billa

Re: Running walker/bluetick team ??

Postby billa » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:25 pm

I own a pure bred Blue tick and use him for coyotes. Run Bluetick, Black and Tan cross also. they don't have the speed of walkers but tough hounds. A pleasure to hunt with. Our group tries to run hounds of the same speed regardless of breed. cheers good hunting ..Bill

Return to “Coyote Hunting”