Womack Bluetick Pedigrees

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
wvbluehounds

Postby wvbluehounds » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:48 pm

I am trying to put together a database of all the late Al Womack’s Bluetick hounds out of Kansas City MO and need a little help.

I was wondering if anyone had any Womack Hound pedigrees they would share or give me a copy of and any information on any of the hounds in the pedigrees.

Also looking for anyone who may still breed or have any of his hounds.

You can e-mail me if you wise

Thank you

Steve WV
cougarhound
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Womack Bluetick Pedigrees

Postby cougarhound » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:09 am

if i'm not mistaken mike leonard was good friends with womack
Lorne Meadows
home phone:1-250-425-0058
The bullshit stops when the tailgate drops
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby driftwood blue » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:46 am

Steve:
Bud Clingerman would be the best bet to get that Info.. he was in love with the womack hounds and had a vast store of pedigrees.
last I heard from them they were at Volga WV. the last Phone # I had was not good... maybe you can get the phone # from directory assistance.
lmorgan
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby lmorgan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:09 pm

I'd agree with Driftwood. Bud went so far as to buy a pedigree computer program and he meticulously sat down and hand-entered generation after generation of bloodlines on his (and others') hounds. Bud was a huge fan of the Womack line and his hounds carried quite a bit of that blood. If you're serious about putting together information on the Womack line, then I'd make Bud your first stop.

And tell him I said Hi!
Larry Morgan
Morgan's Cajun Blue Gascons
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:03 pm

I agree with these boys although Uncle Al and I were darn good friends and shared many a laugh I never hunted any of his hounds or knew a lot about them.

Thanks Larry Morgan for your expert knowledge!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
lmorgan
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby lmorgan » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Mike Leonard wrote:I agree with these boys although Uncle Al and I were darn good friends and shared many a laugh I never hunted any of his hounds or knew a lot about them.

Thanks Larry Morgan for your expert knowledge!

I wouldn't call it expert, I just have the priviledge of calling Bud a friend of mine. Bud didn't necessarily start the pedigree project as a history lesson. Bud had this theory back in the '90s that UKC's move toward DNA testing was a money-making racket and that it was a matter of time before they made DNA profiling through their own UKC approved vendor mandatory for UKC registrations. He said that when that happened, he would never own another UKC hound, so he sat about hand-recording the pedigrees on his and some of his neighbor's hounds. His wife Terry felt sorry for him, so she bought him a Family Tree type computer program and taught him how to use it.

But Bud IS a historian by nature, so I know it was a labor of love on his part and I'm sure he's still got all of his records. However, in my opinion, the person with the greatest extent of knowledge about Bluetick (and especially American Gascons) is our own Driftwood. Don is a literally a walking encyclopedia. He should write a book so the rest of us newbies could tap into that knowledge forever. :)
Larry Morgan
Morgan's Cajun Blue Gascons
wvbluehounds

Postby wvbluehounds » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Just seeing if any one new on here might have any information the late Al Womack hounds or Bob Jacob's out of VA.

Return to “Gascon / Old Fashion Blueticks”