What's to cold?

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: What's to cold?

Postby mark » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Looky there Mondo, one of your WI brothers is a big pussy like me when it comes to the cold too. Actually i like to think we are just a little bit smarter than your average Dogger. We hang out around the stove and sip beers when its frigid outside and wait for a warm front and go and catch several a day to make up for it. Havent lost a nutt or a nipple on a dog yet and we are both intact too! Lmao
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:00 am

Mark, who's this we? Got a turd in ur pocket? What's this "warm front"? We call it a beer front when temps get above 35, gets all crusty and whatnot. Kinda like that turd in ur pocket...

Too cold? If its 20 below at daylight, bound to be near 0 by noon....time to let the dogs go...Way less competition at noon to boot..

btw, that friend you got in Wisc.? He was kinda bad mouthing you the other day,,better straighten him out.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:20 am

If its -20 at day lite I'm in Arizona by noon!
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby twist » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Mark puts his gloves and winter jacket on in the summer when he goes in the gas station to buy beer because when he opens the cooler door he gets cold! (True story I seen it happen) I never bs!
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:55 pm

I think its the highly variable temps that get them the most. Or if there's water. I haven't hunted below zero in several years. But yesterday the dogs got up it was around 15 then it gradually warmed up and everything was OK. But in the afternoon we were in the mtns and it was two hours after dark before we got to the truck. Right at sun set everyone seemed to shiver some and look uncomfortable with the colder wind rolling off the high peaks. But a hour later they had all got a second wind and were looking happy again even though it had gotten a lot colder. One of the most cold resistant dogs I ever saw was a chocolate lab that had the shortest coat I've ever seen on a lab. But he'd happily dive through the ice all day long and set patiently in the snow. Black and tans are pretty cold tolerant for hounds since most are really fine coated. I don't really pay much attention to the temperature myself. If I'm cold I'm cold same way with heat. Once I stop enjoying myself its time to head home . my dogs are all tougher then me so it works out pretty good. I have seen some real miserable coyote dogs to much greyhound and the cold tolerance goes.
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:34 pm

Twist, that's some funny shit......still laughing..

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”