Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:01 pm

Rimrock wrote:I like the commentary also. I read along as you narrate and this one is much easier to read. Thanks again for your time and effort. Pictures are great.

Thank you Rimrock. I appreciate the feedback. Good to know it is legible.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:05 pm

perk wrote:David, Thanks for your efforts not only in writing the book but now reading it to us! We always appreciate what you do and your willingness to share!
And those are some good looking pups!

Thanks Sir, and that Reba/Casper litter, to my eyes, may be the most lovely litter I have ever seen or been around. Their temperament is attractive also. I hated to break up the litter, but I know yours are going to get hunted like they should. Did you name them?
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:09 pm

Goose wrote:Haven't had a chance to listen yet but can't wait for the next road trip so I'll have something good to listen to...

Good idea.

I was just thinking it would be fun to listen to for a locker room pep talk on the long drive to the cat woods.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:12 pm

ethertonee wrote:Hey David you should put your video of Everything I Have with the book section. I really enjoyed that. I always have to go to the old link to find it.

That might be one of the kindest things said about my music. I will give that some thought and try to figure out if and how to do it. If I do, I can blame it on you.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Ndigs wrote:David, Fantastic, even better by far than the first one, especially with those excellent puppy training clips. Will definitely be trying that with the next litter. Thanks a bunch. I'm subscribed so the notification came up in my email. Do hope you will be paid some how for doing all this and if not Please let us know how and where we can pitch in on some gas money in case you're genetic code is calling, sure looks like you've got some good dogs to play with.
Tom Griffith

I know there are ways to make money on YouTube. I don’t know how, but I know a few people are making a living at it. I have heard it has gotten harder and harder to do.

But I am kind of thinking that if people find out about the book and enjoy it, they might want to buy a copy some day if we get enough interest to reprint. But I have a hard time selling anything to my friends. I have a hard time letting them pay for my gas to go play around in the mountains also. So I stay poor, and stay home. But I have good friends who trust me. Folks like you.

Thank you Tom.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Cowboyvon wrote:Make it public .. I think people need to hear it .. Oh questioning the youtube algorithm lol
very complicated ... but being in a very small niche because of title and description you will rank high in the search engine I believe. Tags thumbnail and first paragraph in the description are most important.

I think we need to keep sharing the good things about our sport .. the love we have for the hounds, the respect we have for the game we pursue, the emphasis on conservation, how challenging it can be and the adventure involved ..

This is what I wrote on my community tab on my channel:

David wrote a book years ago about hunting bobcats. The book is out of print so he had a great idea to read it and show the pictures on YouTube. This a great book and him reading it himself just makes it better. David has been there and done it when it comes to hounds and hunting cats even living in a tent so he could hunt more. So if you want some good content to listen too or watch go on over to his channel and watch and subscribe. Thanks!

This was so generous of you. I am very humbled by it. I am not even smart enough to know if there might be something like this that I could do for you. If there is, please explain it to me because I Truely don’t know how.

I will make the third video public at your suggestion. I just needed some one to screen it for me. I appreciate it. Thank you Brett
perk
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby perk » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:50 pm

David, named the Reba/Casper gyp Sugar, and the Cat/Betsy Ross gyp CryBaby.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 pm

perk wrote:David, named the Reba/Casper gyp Sugar, and the Cat/Betsy Ross gyp CryBaby.

Man. That would perfectly summarize those two litters!! The sugar litter and the cry baby litter. Perfect!
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:21 am

Cliffhanger wrote:David, are there any hard copy books still available?

Thanks for asking. No they have been sold out for years. The reason I’m doing this is to have a place to send people, because I get tracked down on a regular basis by folks who seem desperate to find the book. I don’t know how it got that way, and I thought if they could see it they would realize it’s not magical. People tell me about copies that sold for $200.00.

?

But I do have the hope that I could find a bunch of people who like it enough to buy a copy and therefore make another printing worthwhile.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:51 am

david wrote:
Cowboyvon wrote:Make it public .. I think people need to hear it .. Oh questioning the youtube algorithm lol
very complicated ... but being in a very small niche because of title and description you will rank high in the search engine I believe. Tags thumbnail and first paragraph in the description are most important.

I think we need to keep sharing the good things about our sport .. the love we have for the hounds, the respect we have for the game we pursue, the emphasis on conservation, how challenging it can be and the adventure involved ..

This is what I wrote on my community tab on my channel:

David wrote a book years ago about hunting bobcats. The book is out of print so he had a great idea to read it and show the pictures on YouTube. This a great book and him reading it himself just makes it better. David has been there and done it when it comes to hounds and hunting cats even living in a tent so he could hunt more. So if you want some good content to listen too or watch go on over to his channel and watch and subscribe. Thanks!

This was so generous of you. I am very humbled by it. I am not even smart enough to know if there might be something like this that I could do for you. If there is, please explain it to me because I Truely don’t know how.

I will make the third video public at your suggestion. I just needed some one to screen it for me. I appreciate it. Thank you Brett

Just putting your content up is enough thanks for me ... I enjoy it ..
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:33 pm

Is there a name for what she just did?

45 copies of the same post on 45 different threads here on BGH. Joined today, Thursday 3/28.
Rimrock
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Rimrock » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:11 am

There must be a way of putting a muzzle on this.
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby SASS » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:33 pm

david wrote:Is there a name for what she just did?

Spam

Needs to be deactivated and blocked.
perk
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby perk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:46 pm

You mean you guys dont wanna see the worlds smallest dog? Sarah.k10 could have just given us a key to the next big thing!
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
rum3002576
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby rum3002576 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:44 pm

How many would make it worth while
david wrote:
Cliffhanger wrote:David, are there any hard copy books still available?

Thanks for asking. No they have been sold out for years. The reason I’m doing this is to have a place to send people, because I get tracked down on a regular basis by folks who seem desperate to find the book. I don’t know how it got that way, and I thought if they could see it they would realize it’s not magical. People tell me about copies that sold for $200.00.

?

But I do have the hope that I could find a bunch of people who like it enough to buy a copy and therefore make another printing worthwhile.

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”